Thursday, October 2, 2008

Introducing...our new son!


Wow! How do I introduce the little boy who will soon become a part of our family forever? I don't even really know him myself. It really is like getting your first ultrasound when you are pregnant. You see a face and body, but you cannot yet touch or hold. This is Utsav! He is soon to be 7 months old. My son thinks he is a girl since the bib and diaper are yellow! :) My girls are thrilled to say the least!

David and I are still in shock I guess you could say. If fact, we've been terrified this week for some reason. Not about our little boy, but just the whole adoption thing in general. We were not expecting to get a referral call till January or February. Up until this point, nothing has seemed real. We've done alot of paperwork, paid alot of money, but pretty much just gone on with our lives and family just as is. Now, suddenly with one phone call, our whole world changes. There is actually a real little boy involved now...we have a face and a name. Suddenly, with a "yes" or a "no", everyone's lives are about to change forever! A scary decision, but a joyous one if that makes sense.

We have not decided on a name yet. Our family vote last night left us with 4 different names to choose from. :) I guess stay tuned. We won't have to decide officially until we bring him back to the states to finalize the adoption. So, what now? Now we begin the next big paperwork trail...the one that goes to India and then we sit and wait again on the courts. For now, we are just cherishing the thought of this little boy joining our family! It may take up to 6 months, but soon this precious little boy will have a home and a last name!

15 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

I have tears in my eyes looking at his picture . . . he's a beautiful boy! Congratulations on seeing his face for the first time. I'm thrilled for your whole family -- and I can't wait to find out the name you choose.
Blessings,
Nancy

Amy said...

Oh what a great surprise for me to see this morning! He is SO beautiful!!! I am so happy for you!! Maybe we will get to travel together!

Fenwick 5 said...

WOW, I can't believe it,so fast I am so excited for you and your family! He is precious.I bet you are in shock!!!Congrats,Gidget

ColleenC said...

Oh he is just adorable! So excited for your family!!

Kristi W. said...

Oh, Candice!!!!!!!! He is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!!!!! I wish I could give you a hug, I'm so happy for you and your family. :O !!!!!!! I can't wait to hear more details on your gorgeous little man...and I'm so excited that I will get to take pics and video of him for you in a few weeks!!!!! Congrats again!!!!! I'll be praying that the process is SPEEDY (God is a God of miracles)!!! :) Kristi

Pam said...

What a beautiful boy Candice! I'm glad you emailed, I wasn't looking at blogs anymore today. ;o) CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait to hear the name you choose for him! HUGS!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! He is just beautiful. I can't wait to hear more and to follow your journey!
Karen
(Dillon mom)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Your son is just gorgeous. Congrats to your family. I am so excited to follow your journey of bringing your son home!!! I just love it when another baby finds his forever family.

April #10 non-NRI

Greg said...

Candice,
You guys bring my memories back to our own miracle of adoption in '02, especially the helplessness and the fears that are ultimately overcome by putting your trust totally in God's hands. Utjav is adorable--and SO healthy-looking!!As blessed as he is to begin his journey into the great Sneed family, I think you and David will discover what Nancy and I did--the real blessed ones are you guys, the girls, and Nathan. He is going to be such a joy for you all. God bless. I can quit crying now. Greg

Todd and Michele said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. I can't wait to hear more! If you haven't actually signed all the paperwork; bring on the coffee. Maybe with the delay in the courts this month, you'll even catch up to us!

Michele
Waiting for Dreyden (Debarpan)

Julie & Patrick said...

Many Congratulations! What wonderful news you finally get to share.

He looks like such a little man all ready! So cute!

Julie R

Amanda said...

He is gorgeous. I can't wait to get some pictures of him (or Kristi will). I'm so excited for you.

Sara said...

Wow! What wonderful news! So excited to see your new addition! Congratulations!!!!

Traci said...

What a wonderful surprise! We're so excited for you and look forward to following your journey! We'll be praying for all of you. Congatulations! - Traci G. (#12'ish)

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

What terrific news!!He's an absolute doll!! Congrats congrats congrats!!
-Maggie
PS. Sorry I misspelled your name on the forum :)