Friday, October 17, 2008

Up, Up and Away!


Yeah! Dillon, our adoption agency, mailed our paperwork to India this morning! Now we just sit back and wait for them to notify us that our NOC paperwork has been granted. I know that we are in the same boat as a couple of other families who are also waiting on their NOC paperwork right now. Once our paperwork arrives at the orphanage, they prepare it to be sent to CARA, the central agency in Delhi. This usually takes about 2-4 weeks. Once at CARA it can take 2-4 months for NOC to be granted. This may take us a little longer since the courts close down in India for the whole month of December for the Indian holidays. However, I am confident the Lord can remove any obstacle in our path to bringing our little boy home.

Several families have mentioned that this can be the most frustrating part of our adoption journey. Having a face, pictures, video, etc. and not being able to go get our little boy. It does not help the waiting either to know that there is nothing in the world you can do to speed the process along with the judges in India. I am kind of thankful that the holidays are coming up quickly. I will be busy with my other children, and maybe the time will pass more quickly. :)

5 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

I was especially grateful for our two sons at this stage -- they helped keep my mind off waiting. Most of the time! I will be praying for quick turnarounds for your paperwork. :o)
-- Nancy

ColleenC said...

We're right there with you (very grateful for the timing- Christmas and Jack's birthday should be distracting! and also grateful for great families to commiserate with : ) It's odd watching the paperwork wing across the world- Greg has it so it pops up whenever I look at the computer (it's in NYC as we speak! Too funny.)

Kristi W. said...

This is the hard part, but at least it doesn't last forever and there is an end in sight! Plus, you know that new pictures are going to be piling in over the next few months, too. That always helped me to have those to look forward to. I'll be praying, praying, praying for speed in the last part of your process.

BTW - love that bengali t-shirt!! I've got to go order one! :)

Amy said...

I am so glad your paperwork made it!!! Hopefully we will all get NOC soon! Can't wait to see new pics of your little man. What a cutie!!!

Instantly Mama said...

Your son is beautiful! Congratulations. I hope your wait isn't too long and that you find lots of things to distract you in the meantime.

~Rachel (from the Dillon list)