Thursday, October 16, 2008

Help Show Compassion!


In case you didn't already know it, I am a huge fan of Compassion International! They are one of the only organizations worldwide that work directly with the local churches in the countries in which they serve. They seek to help both the physical and spiritual needs of the people, and have programs that help children from birth through college! I just read an article in their magazine on their child survival program helping baby girls and their mothers in India. They provide support for the mothers who decide to keep their little girls, they provide medical care for the infants, and help encourage mothers to give their little girls up for adoption instead of aborting them. At compassion.com/childsurvival you can learn more about the program and how to be a child survival sponsor in India.

I also love this t-shirt! Compassion has a huge Global Food Crisis network that is helping around the world, but especially in Africa where the food shortage is killing thousands every day. This particular shirt says "Please" in Bengali and the proceeds go to the Global Food Crisis fund! I am not a shopper, but I love buying things if I know the $ is actually going to a cause that will change or save lives! They have the same shirt in 3 other languages, but I wanted to show this one since my heart is in India right now. :) You can purchase it at store.compassion.com.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I ordered this shirt! Love it! I also enjoyed reading Compassion's new magazine about the work they are doing in India. We also got an updated picture of our sponsored child. Compassion Rocks!

Peter and Nancy said...

You can bet I'll be visiting this site -- I'm not a big shopper, but I love Compassion. Also, it's so rare to find things in Bengali!! Thanks for sharing this.
-- Nancy

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

I know!! I love it!! I just ordered 1 too!!! I haven't gotten an updated photo yet of our Compassion child.

The Labontes said...

Love the shirt, love the cause.
Kristy

Fenwick 5 said...

Candace,I think I might just have to order a shirt,they are neat,plus it goes for a good cause.A rare bengali shirt I am sure. Probally not many of those are around!Gidget

ColleenC said...

Ooh, can't wait to order one of those- Christmas present for myself!

Sara said...

So cute and now they're on backorder! I'll be watching for them to restock though because I want one too!
-sara #12