Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Paperwork Mailed...Finally.

I finally get to report that we mailed our acceptance paperwork today back to Dillon, our adoption agency. I am frustrated that it took me almost a month to get everything signed, copied, notarized and ready to mail. I know that I could not have done it any sooner though. There were too many factors going on in our lives the last 3 weeks.
  • My husband had homecoming...which he is in charge of at the high school
  • Our church was moving facilities and my husband had 2 huge services to plan
  • My husband had a trip to New Orleans
  • My notary who started our documents went on vacation
  • I had some of my sisters and their kiddos in visiting
  • Our referral call came months before expected...right in the middle of all this
  • I couldn't get a doctor's appointed right away to have the medicals looked at
  • My husband wanted to wait to watch the video with our girls before we made a decision
  • The woman who makes the video cuttings at Dillon was out sick

And the list goes on. :) Oh, well. It's all in the Lord's hands anyway. At least we have it out of our hands and hopefully by Monday our paperwork will be on it's way to India so that we can begin to watch for our NOC approval. Several other families are very close to the same spot we are, so maybe some of us will be traveling around the same time!

7 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Congratualations on getting your paperwork sent off. I think you turned the paperwork around quickly considering all of the other things you had going at the same time. It must be nice to know that you are just one step closer to your baby boy!

April #7 waiting for Alesha

Amy said...

I also think you did well considering everything else you had going on! Bless your heart!

Julie & Patrick said...

All that paperwork brings with it that "HOT POTATO" feeling, but it does just take time to complete. Glad that it is off your plate of things to do and on it's way.

Julie R

ColleenC said...

God willing our paperwork will go out tomorrow or friday, so we're right where you are, how fun it would be to cross paths. And congratulations for getting it done in spite of your crazy month!!

Fenwick 5 said...

Candace,Another step done!!!HOORAY!!! I know that is something lifted off your shoulders.Looks like u guys were busy!!!I hope u get NOC soon.Gidget

Fenwick 5 said...

Candace,Love your new song on your blog,Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

We had a step or two that we wished we could've done faster . . . but life does have a way of interfering sometimes (especially with the surprise referral)! I bet it feels great to have it sent out.
-- Nancy