Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Micah!


We got new pictures of our son this morning! A family traveled to pick up their daughter and they took pictures for the rest of us who are still at home waiting. We have finally decided on a name for Utsav...Micah David Utsav Sneed! We love the name MICAH and kept coming back to it over and over. I called my sister first to get permission to use it since she also likes that name. I then called Pam, one of my friends on the forum, to ask her if she would feel strange if I used the name since that is her son's name. She just laughed and said that on the forum we could just say "Pam's Micah" or "Candice's Micah!" It was funny because actually every name I mentioned, she has thought about using. :) Anyway, the name DAVID is my husbands first name. Our bio son Nathan shares my husbands middle name, so this way both boys will have part of his name. We are going to keep UTSAV since it is the name he was given in India and it has a great meaning..."Celebration!" This picture was taken this week. I am so thankful for the technology that allows us to get pictures of our son way over in India. I can't believe he is already 7 1/2 months old. He looks so big standing in that crib.

8 comments:

Amy said...

He looks so sweet! Can't you just see yourself scooping him up out of that crib? I love the name too - it just fits!

Amy T
(Neon's mommy)

ColleenC said...

Awww, look at him standing up! Such a sweet face! And I know I already said it, but I love that name, and it seems to fit him! Now if only we could agree on a name in our house : ) I should set up a blogger poll for it (but I'd have to rig it so my name would win!)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

WOW- He is already standing up. He looks so cute! You are so considerate to check with family and friends before making your final decision on a name. I love the name too and think it fits him perfectly. What does his given name UTSAV mean? Can't wait to watch the rest of the story.

April #7 waiting for Alesha)

Peter and Nancy said...

What a CUTE picture of him -- I know it's only one photo, but it sure makes him look like he has a sweet disposition. :o) It was really kind of you to think of checking on the name with your sis and Pam. So happy you found the perfect name!
Nancy

Fenwick 5 said...

Candace,Just wanted 2 say that I love the name,so cute.He is just a little darling.
We are waiting for immigration at this point.Hope u get your son home soon.Giget

Kristi W. said...

He looks like a little romeo. He's probably got all of the little girls in his room wrapped around his finger! My daughter included!! :) He is deliciously cute, Candice!!!! I can't wait to see him home with his family.

Kristi

Pam said...

Candice,
Your Micah is beautiful! ;) I love the meaning of the name, "Who is like the Lord". Who indeed but the Lord could bring not one but TWO beautiful Micah's 8000 miles to their families!? I know he looks big in that crib, but I bet he is small. I always thought Micah looked big until we got there. He was such a little peanut! Hope your process from here is quick!
Hugs!
Pam

Julie & Patrick said...

Wow! He has changed so much and looks like such a charmer!! Love the slight alluring smile. Better watch out, momma. He looks like he talk you into anything

:)
Julie R