Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Miracles do happen!


This photo was taken in August. My baby looks so sad to me. :( I know that he did not realize and we did not realize the gift that God was planning for both of us just one month later. Now we have been given to each other and I long to be able to lift him out of that rusty, white, paint-chipped crib forever! A couple of our friends from the forum, the Werre family and the Philllips family (their links are here on my site) will be traveling hopefully in November to pick up their children. They promise to take some more pictures, so hopefully we will have some updated ones soon.

I read a quote yesterday by Kirk Cameron's wife, Chelsea. They have adopted 4 children and then had two of their own. She said, "There is a miracle in adoption that people don't realize until they do it!" I so agree! We have experienced some miracles already. I believe that my life has been changed forever, just by the beginning of this adoption process. I know the end will change it even more...for the better. If nothing else, this adoption has shown us that we can trust the Lord. He is faithful and miracles do happen even today!

8 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Isn't it amazing how you can fall in love with a child just from seeing his photo? I'm glad you have another picture for his scrapbook someday!
-- Nancy

Amy said...

Glad you got another picture! I can't wait to see more of both of our little men. Adoption really is amazing!!

Amanda said...

It really is a miracle to adopt a child. You have so much love for this child. Some moments it is crushing before you get them. But it is like that moment after your child is born where everything is fine.
Just a warning though. It can be addictive. I've been banned from touching any children while at the orphanage because everyone thinks that is how I fell in love with Prasun. They don't realize I was in love before I saw his face. God gave me my sons.

Cindy said...

Congratulations--it is truly a miracle the love you feel just for the child after seeing one picture. God works these miracles for adoptive families--don't worry--you will somehow "know" each other when you meet. . . Praising God in NC.
CindyO.

The Labontes said...

Love the quote, and the pic, however sad he looks. I think that pout will be trouble when he gets home. And I agree with Amanda - it can be addictive. Dan has banned me from all waiting children's lists, and adoption related websites :)
Kristy

Kristi W. said...

Utsav is such a beautiful boy, Candice. I love this picture, he looks so serious and manly! :) Adoption truly is miraculous, and addictive. The world of adoption has been so wonderful and amazing for me, too. I have grown so much in so many areas since we first started Daya's process in 05. I'm so glad we got to meet each other along the way!

Julie & Patrick said...

One more of the faces of Utsav! We adoptive families live through these tiny glimpses of personality that we are given to sustain us. You will have him in your arms soon to smother with kisses and make him smile again!

Julie R

Blake, Alisha, and Jackson said...

He is gorgeous!