Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Financial Woes and Sweet Blessings!

This week has been a mix of emotions for me. We had applied for 3 grants at the beginning of our adoption. One came back...NO. This week we received a letter from the second grant...NO again. It is so frustrating and I don't understand why. We need the money for our adoption. I wanted to just sit down and cry. We had so much hope that at least one would be accepted and it would help so much.

Then, the Lord reminded me that this adoption was His idea for our family and He would be the one to provide. In the beginning, I had told the Lord that I didn't want to ask for money or go into debt for the adoption, when I knew that He was ready and willing to provide. He has whispered to me..."There is nothing you can do. Sit back, wait patiently, and see what I will do to bring my child home to you." And He is...little by little through His unexpected sweet blessings like...

This week after my husband had finished teaching a summer seminar, a woman whom he has taught with off and on over the last couple of years (a woman whom I have never met) put something in his pocket and told him it was for our adoption. He protested, but she said this was something she wanted to do. After he left that afternoon, he looked and it was a check for the whole amount of money she had made that day teaching the seminar with him. And so, I am reminded...my Heavenly Father will make a way!

5 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Candace,Great Post. Adoption can be a roller coaster,and through this wonderful experience,we sure practice on fruits of the spirit.And during the process we set & wonder,what,when,where,why? Then the lord reminds us to be patient,take one day at a time and watch it unfold just as planned. Sometimes for us humans that can be so hard,but keep the faith and the lord will direct your path. Such a beautiful story about that lady and the blessing.Gidget

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Candace-
God blesses us in so many different ways. Have faith and he will provide for you! This is a frustrating time in the adoption process. Just when you think you're down, the lord will bring you up!
-Maggie
PS. Just Google "number 7" and click on images, scroll through until you find the one you like, save it to your computer and then you can add it to your post.

Pam said...

Candice...BIG HUGS friend. We applied to several as well. Some we never even heard back from...God is in control! He loves that little boy even more than you already do! Jehovah Jirah-our provider!

Amy said...

One of my friends told me that adoption expenses are covered just like the Lord provided manna to the Israelites - always exactly what you need right when you need it. I pray the same for you.

Peter and Nancy said...

We had the same kinds of worries and suprises when we were waiting for Anya Rashi. God came through in some ways we never expected. It was still a big financial odyssey, though! Hang in there as you wait for His answers . . .
-- Nancy