Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Wrecked...Part II"


I read some awesome verses this morning that I thought were a great description of a life being "wrecked for the ordinary," so I had to share them.

I Peter 4:1-2 "Since Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so to live the rest of our time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God."

These verses were very convicting for me, but very motivational as well. I have been talking with some moms who share some of the same burdens on their heart...and there are so many burdens...orphans, AIDS orphans in Africa, the extreme hunger in Haiti, sex trafficing of young girls all over the world, etc. You want to help them all in some way, but it is not possible. I was encouraged by verses 10 and 11 as well. We are responsible for doing, but we do not have to do it all, and we don't have to do it alone or in our own power.

I Peter 4:10-11 "As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: ...whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies--in order that in everything God may be glorified in Jesus Christ. To Him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."


1 comment:

Pam said...

GREAT POSTS!! Gave me lots to think about!