Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Christmas in July!

This year, since I am at the point in the adoption process that all I can do it WAIT...I am determined to have all my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving! Last year, for the first time, I started buying some of my Christmas gifts online from Christian organizations. I fell in love with the idea of spending my money with an organization that uses the funds to help others instead of just throwing it away at Wal-mart. We bought magazines and books from Focus on the Family and Family Life. This year, I'd like to buy some T-shirts from Steven Curtis Chapman's "Show Hope" site as well as "A HOPE for Children's" site. (both have links here on my site)

I wanted to share though about a new organization I have come across that is part of the larger WMU organization. It is a non-profit organization that goes into other countries and teaches families job skills, business skills, etc. so that they can become independant and be able to support their families. They export the products to the USA and the profits go back to help the families. I have not ordered from the site yet, but I plan to order some stuff for Christmas and birthday gifts this year. You can pick and choose from about 20 different countries, and there is a lot to choose from that is affordable...$5 and up! I love the idea of giving my family something from India, the country where we are adopting! The site is Worldcraftsvillage.com. Check it out!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great ideas.....

Fenwick 5 said...

That is a great idea for shopping,while supporting a good cause,I will check into it Thanks Gidget