Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home!

We are home!  We got home yesterday afternoon and I could hardly stand up straight! :)  I had some sort of vertigo from the 15 hour flight.  We were up for over 40 hours with the layovers, the flight, and the time changes.  Micah did remarkably well I think for only having been with us for 5 days and then all the plane rides.  David and I spent most of the flight standing up and rocking him so that he would sleep.  He did not get sick or anything, but was very tired and whiny.  Considering it was 1:00 a.m. by the time we got on the plane for America, who can blame him? We did get the bulkhead seat with the bassinet and although he only slept in the bassinet twice for about 30 min a piece, it was worth it just for the break and the leg room and space to stand.  

It was so great to get home and see our kids!  We had to wake Micah up to see everyone at the airport, so he was very solemn, but warmed up to the kids right away.  We went through the driveway at Chick-fil-a and then straight home!  Micah and I were so exhausted, we went to bed at 6:00 p.m. last night and woke up this morning at 6:30!  He only woke up once during the night around 2:30 but went right back to sleep.  

We are so, so grateful we cannot express!  Thank you for everyone's prayers!  My friend Ruth has already put together a slide show of pics with a video of our homecoming, so I am going to try to post it on my blog later today for everyone to see.  Stay tuned...

15 comments:

Sara said...

We are so glad you are home safe and that it was a pretty good trip home with no major meltdowns. We can't wait to see Micah! I watched the video on Facebook and just sobbed! I'm so happy for you guys! God is so GOOD!

Julie & Patrick said...

Welcome Home!! Although long, it sounds like the traveling was pretty good. You are off to a good start. Hope you recover from the jet lag quickly.

Anxious to see pics of you all together!! It warms the heart :)

Julie R

The Labontes said...

Glad you are home, all together, safe and sound. So glad you were able to sleep that first night! Can't wait to see the slide show!
Kristy

Tisra said...

I'm exhausted just reading about the journey. Whew.

Congratulations on your arrival home!

Tisra
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

Scott and Beth said...

I am very excited that I found your blog! What an amazing miracle! I am so glad that you all made it home safe! We will be praying for you as you start a new chapter with little Micah.

Peter and Nancy said...

Welcome home! I'm glad the flights went well . . . the airplane trip is so much to ask of these little people who just met us a few days before. Sounds like Micah did very well. God bless you as you settle in!
-- Nancy

ColleenC said...

Yay for smooth travels and happy homecoming! I'm sure it's a crazy but peaceful and happy time!

Gonna have to dart over to fb and check out that video!

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Welcome Home!!!!! So glad you made it home safe and sound!!! Hope you get caught up on your rest soon!!

Best wishes!!!

Kristi W. said...

Yay, you're home!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it's all finally over and you have your beautiful boy safe and sound at home?!!! I really hope that your jet lag goes away soon and that Micah continues to sleep like a champ!

:) Kristi

Fenwick 5 said...

Glad that u are home safe.That is great how well he slept,I hope the good resting continues.I can't wait to watch the trip. Congrats! Now u are a mother of 4 cute kids.
(Waiting at number 4 for Maiya.)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Candice & Family!
So happy for you and your beautiful baby boy!
Thanks for sharing your journey and thanks again for the pictures of our daughter!!

Sheri said...

Welcome home! Thank you so much for sharing your journey to Micah! I really enjoyed it!

Traci said...

I'm so happy for you. I've really enjoyed and benefitted from your blog. I hope you continue to write. Congratulations!! - Traci G. (#7)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

So happy you made it home safe. Sounds like you had a great trip. Praying the adjustment goes smoothly now that you are home.

April :-)

Pam said...

WELCOME HOME MICAH!!! Now get some sleep and post pictures. Not necessarily in that order. ;)