Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy 11 months, Micah!



Happy 11 months, Micah!

This morning I got this new picture in an e-mail, thanks to a mom who just traveled and picked up their son! Isn't he a cutie? Of course I am not biased or anything like that. :)

I am so ready to head out and go pick up my son. My pastor asked me this week what I am feeling right now. You know, I could not give him a clear answer. It is so many things.

ANXIOUSNESS - Checking my e-mail every day to see if we have Micah's passport approval.

AWE - Since the judge signed our papers 3 1/2 weeks ago, the Lord has provided the funds we are going to need for our travel! It is so humbling watching the Lord act on our behalf and use others to do what was impossible for us!

FEAR - It may sound kind of funny, but I am a little afraid of what my little boy is going to be like. What is his personality? Will he like me and feel safe with me? Will he want to be held and cuddled? ...so many unknowns.

PANIC - So much to do and so little time. I am frantically making lists and now my lists have lists and I think I have lost some of my first lists. Aaaaahhh! Ok. I've just got to take it one document and one day at a time. :)

LOVE - I already love this little boy that I have never met so much. It is funny how God just fills your heart, I guess with the love that He has for this little boy whom He knows personally. I think everyone wonders if you can love a second child like you love the first one, or if you can love an adopted child like a biological one. The answer is YES!

13 comments:

Sara said...

He is so handsome! I can't wait to see pictures of him in your arms SOON! Praise God for his faithfulness to your family!

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Micah is so adorable. I am happy you received another photo. Can't wait to see the photo of him in your arms.

April :-)

Peter and Nancy said...

What a cutie! I am excited to see you in the photos with him . . .
-- Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

So handsome and finally in Blue!! So excited for you that a real travel date is so close.

Julie R

Kristi W. said...

Oh boy, he's ready for his mama!!! What a scrumptious boy. Next pictures you have of him will be ones you have taken yourself!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

:) Kristi

ColleenC said...

What a cute little guy! And so close to his family now!! So exciting!!!! (oh yeah and good luck with all those lists!!)

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Praying that you are on your way soon......

-Maggie

Pam said...

He is so cute. My Micah said, He has his Kajamas on like me. That's what he is calling his Pajamas these days. ;) All of those feelings are totally normal! What until we are there...it doesn't get better. LOL! Call me if you need to talk!

Sara said...

He has so much hair now! He's so adorable! I'm ready to see him, so I'm sure you are REALLY ready!

Heather said...

Absolutely adorable...it's so fun to make the rounds on picture day. How thrilling you will be together THIS month! So soon, so exciting!!!

Heather

Fenwick 5 said...

Candace,He is a cutie pie.I am excited to follow your journey to get him.Praise the lord that you have been provided with what u need.Isn't it funny how why we are wondering how?,why?,what?,when? where?,who?,God is working the plan out for us.Worrying is such a waste. Hope that passport comes soon.Waiting on immigration approval then referral time.I hope we get to bring Maiya home summer,but the lord knows best,so we just sit and wait while enjoying our life together as a family of 4,Gidget

The Labontes said...

What a gorgeous boy! Can't wait to see him in his momma's arms.
Kristy

Amy said...

Micah looks great - he has such beautiful skin :). I pray you get everything done that you need to accomplish. Hoping you enjoy every part of your journey too :)