Friday, February 27, 2009

Family of 6!

This is our first family photo as a family of 6!  My friend Ruth took it at the airport when we finally arrived home!  

Micah is amazing us with how well and how quickly he has adjusted to all the sudden changes in his little life.  It is as if he has always been here.  He seemed to attach to David and me both from the first day.  He has also joined in with our other kids like he was meant to be.  

The ironic thing is, it's made me a little nervous. :)  After reading the required 300 page book on adoption disorders, I think I am over analyzing everything...looking for signs that something might be wrong.  He is very social and doesn't seem too afraid of anyone.  I start to think, "Is he attaching to us?  Does he not care and will just go to anyone?"  I think that is called Ambivalent Attachment Disorder.  My husband thinks I'm crazy. :)  Well, the thought lasts for just a minute and then I remember that this is exactly what so many people were praying for...that Micah would not be afraid, that he would bond with us immediately, and that it would be as if he was always a part of our family.  So, I am chalking this one up to another answered prayer and moving on to another day!

8 comments:

Kristi W. said...

And what a beautiful family of 6 you are!!! You don't look at all like you just endured 40 hours of travel. How did you manage that? I'm so glad that Micah is doing so well with all of the transitions! He sure looks like he is meant to be with you guys. God is good! :)

Fenwick 5 said...

What a wonderful family of six!! Great picture. I believe that Micah was meant to be for you.That sounds like a answer to your prayer. Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

What a fantastic first peek at your whole family, together at last! Thanks for taking the time to post it for your blog-stalkers. :o) I would just take the blessings at face value -- how terrific that he's doing so well! Congratulations on being all together,
Nancy

Amy said...

You all look GREAT together! I am so glad he is doing well :). Still hoping to meet up with you this summer for a Micah/Simeon reunion ;).

ColleenC said...

Wow, amazing!! It's so great to see the reality of the conclusion (from a family that started about the same time as us)- makes it all seem more real!! He looks just adorable and your family is beautiful!

jasonliberty said...

What a precious photo! I'm so glad you are safely back home with you blessed bundle!

Pam said...

Love the new picture! There is nothing wrong with being aware of the issues and possibilities. Remember though, you likely won't see any problems the first week. ;) Enjoy these first few days, and believe that God is weaving you all together! I'm confident that Micah is just adjusting well!

The Labontes said...

LOVE The picture. You look perfect together.

I kept on waiting for "the other shoe to drop" with attachement stuff as well - but it never did. ISRC does such a lovely job that these kids are ready for their families. Congratulations!
Kristy