Friday, February 13, 2009

2 Days left...


Well, 2 days left till we leave for India. It still does not seem real. It is hard for me to imagine that I'm going to fly over there on Monday and on Thursday Ms. Roy is going to hand me a baby and say, "Here you go. He's yours." I really can't even imagine. :)
I got this picture today from a father who just traveled to get his daughter. It was not a planned photo opp so he did not get a picture of everyone's baby. So, I am especially thankful for this photo since it will be our last before we pick Micah up. I feel excited and honored that I am going to get to photograph a bunch of babies next week, and I'll make sure not to miss one. :) It is going to be neat I think to see a few of the babies in the orphanage, knowing which "India moms" (my internet friends) they will be going home with soon!
I am going to try to blog each day that we are in India and post pictures from our trip as well...internet service permitting. :) I have so enjoyed following the blogs of the other moms who have written about their journeys. So many people have played a part in helping us bring Micah home. I am so glad that I will have this opportunity to share our journey.

7 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Bonus picture! I have goosebumps thinking of that moment when you step into the room where your son is waiting for you . . .
Hugs,
Nancy

Fenwick 5 said...

Candace,What a good picture of your little man! I am so excited for you.It is still hard for me to believe in this wonderful reality!I hope that u have a safe and fun trip! I will be watching for updates!! Gidget

ColleenC said...

Soooo excited for you. It's funny but when I look at your family picture and him in the most recent one, it seems like he fits so perfectly into that family picture. Awesome! Safe travels!

Sara said...

So excited for you and what a great last picture - his arms reaching out for his family to come and get him! I'm so glad you will be posting - I can't wait to follow along!

Kicki said...

Wishing you a safe and wonderful trip to your son Micah! In the summer I´ll make the same trip for our son Amit, hopefully in july. When I think of you holding your son for the first time soon, I have gosebumps:) I´ll follow your blog for sure:)

Kristina from Sweden

Amy said...

Isn't he a cutie? Clint and I will say a special prayer for you both tonight before we go to bed. I hope you have a wonderful trip :)

angie tucker said...

Congrats! I'm so looking forward to following your journey....

Can't wait to see pictures of him in your arms!

Safe Travels & God Bless!

Angie
www.gigglesandcurls.blogspot.com