Saturday, February 21, 2009

A day of rest!

Today was a day of rest.  And, I must say a very much needed one for us.  We ate breakfast, played in the room, ate lunch and went out to the pool for Micah's first dip in the pool.  It really was just a dip. He "dipped" his little toes in and then eventually sat on the first step and splashed with his hands.  He was very timid and kept a tight grip on us the whole time.  Then, he had his first poopie diaper!  Yeah!  Now I know you think I'm crazy.  You're probably thinking, "Why is she happy about that and why do we care?"  Well, I really was nervous.  I didn't ask the orphanage director and he hadn't gone in the two days we've had him.  I was afraid I was going to have to call the orphanage and ask when he'd last gone and I don't know if they even call it poopoo here.  I definitely didn't want to have to try to describe it. ;) So, another crisis averted and another event experienced!  



7 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Cute! Micah is so cute. The pool looks relaxing. Have a wonderful day of rest,Gidget

Sara said...

Agh, Tell David I'm blind now from the sight of his chest in February! LOL! I'm so glad you guys are bonding so well. Has Micah had a bath yet? I remember us talking about the possibility of bathtub fear for him. Can't wait to see you guys.

The Labontes said...

Looks like a relaxing day. The pool looks great, where are you guys staying?
Kristy

Peter and Nancy said...

His little face is just so handsome! Those pouty lips are going to make it hard to say no to anything. :o)

I'm glad you're having a restful day getting to know each other better -- and I totally thought the same thing the first time Anya Rashi had a poopy diaper. (Must be some kind of mama craziness.)
-- Nancy

Kristi W. said...

Pooltime in February sounds glorious! I'm jealous... ;) Glad Micah did his little job and you can relax knowing that his system is digesting properly! Funny what we mamas get excited about!

Kristi

Pam said...

The poo-poo issues are totally normal too. ;) Ask us Candice. Most of us have experienced something similar!! :) HE is a doll. Loving your blog.

Ruth Dammann said...

Every time you post a picture, Micah gets even more gorgeous! I'm so glad you guys are able to relax and "enjoy" this part of your visit to India. Can't wait to see you back home on Wednesday. I'm praying for an uneventful flight (you know me and airplanes!).