Thursday, January 15, 2009

We have Guardianship!

Today the judge signed our paperwork making us Utsab's legal guardians!  I officially have another son...even though I don't yet physically "have" my other son. :)  I am suddenly at a loss with so many questions, and so much to do with very little time to do it.  Good thing I am not someone who panics easily. :)

I did get some things mixed up when I was trying to let you know what comes next in the process.  I guess ISRC, the orphanage, applies for Utsab's Indian passport, and we apply for his visa...which I guess is the reason we have to go to Delhi.  Who knew?  I was not even sure why we were going there.  :)  My sweet case-worker at Dillon keeps me acurate which I'm thankful for.  That way when I look back on my blogs, I won't be as confused. :)  Her explanation is below...

"he will have an Indian passport and ISRC has applied for that, but the visa process is a U.S. visa and that is what you will be doing when you are there.  The I-600 form you file in New Delhi approves Utsab’s to “receive” a visa, then you file the DS-230 at the U.S. Consulate in Kolkata and that is the actual application for the visa and you will receive Utsab’s visa from the Consulate in Kolkata while you are there."

Does that make everything clear for you? :)  Easy as pie.  To those of you who know me and my sweet but travel challenged husband...we should have no problems, right! :)  Oh, well.  I'm too excited right now this minute to care.  I'll worry about the details this afternoon after I've had my shower and had time to process what I've just learned. :)

11 comments:

Heather said...

You're SO close!! I'm keeping you in my thoughts as you make travel preparations.

Heather

Julie & Patrick said...

Get the suitcases out...you are going to India!!!

Many congrats and doing the happy dance for you!!

Julie R

Sara said...

Wow! You guys really do have "speedy-delivery" dust! You told me yesterday it could take a few days...I stand amazed at God's faithfulness and love for his children!

Eric and Cheryl said...

What great news! I can't wait to follow your story through India.

The Pfeiffer Family said...

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! You are moving along so quickly now. WOW, in your last post you needed to travel before your home study expired and to have you son home before his first birthday and it looks like that is going to happen. How wonderful to know that God is working out all these details. I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you holding your son in your arms. Congrats!!!

April :-)

Kristi W. said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys, that is fabulous news!!!!!!! Isn't it the best feeling to know that you are finally on your way!!! And...you get your sweet Micah before his birthday. What a treat! I can't wait to follow along, keep us updated!!!

:) Kristi

Sara said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to follow your journey and learn from your experiences! Praise God!

ColleenC said...

Such great news! Hope you are having fun planning and preparing!

The Labontes said...

The paperwork part of the trip was so much easier that we expected. ISRC took very good care of that.

Peter and Nancy said...

Don't worry about being travel challenged. :o) Dillon is wonderful about telling you all the details ahead of time, and Ms. Roy takes care of as much as humanly possible before you arrive. I'm so happy you'll be with your son soon!
-- Nancy

lulualex said...

have you make adoption in Calcutta????