Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Taste and See...

Today we found out that our legals have been mailed from India and should arrive at Dillon in Oklahoma by next week! If everything is correct, it looks like we will not have to redo our home study! Yeah!

I am overflowing with gratefulness at the way the Lord has "shown" himself faithful to us during this adoption process. He is always faithful, whether we see it or not, but it has been so humbling for us to get to "see" the Lord acting on Micah's behalf, as we have tried to follow His leading.

This week the Lord spoke to my heart with a verse...Psalms 34:8. "Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!" I've heard my whole life about the Lord's goodness, but I don't remember ever getting to "taste" His goodness in the way we have during this adoption process. Maybe it is because we have talked about adoption for years, but it was not until we "took a bite" and committed ourselves, that the Lord let us participate in and see His working as a Father to the fatherless. I think so many carry their faith and knowledge of God's goodness around like an apple in the palm of their hands. It is beautiful, but will do nothing but eventually rot and die, unless we take a bite. Faith without action is useless.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Well said, Candice. I so appreciate you documenting and sharing all the ways you have seen Him provide. I have used your examples with many families who are contemplating adoption. Thanks!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

So glad those legals are here! It is great to know that God is the true advocate for these children. I can't wait for you to travel get him and give Neon some love for me :).

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Candice this is GREAT NEWS!! Just one step closer to Micah!! God is so faithful (even when don't see it or feel it at the time). I will continue to pray that all the paperwork looks good and your homestudy will not have to be redone. Can't wait to see Micah in your arms.

April :-)

Pam said...

Well written Candice. Loved that. I totally agree with you. Just a word about the legals. I lost it when I got those in my hands. Something about seeing that information first hands just did something to me. ;) Just a little warning. ;)

Elvar Orri said...

Hello,
sorry for contacting you through a comment but I didn´t have your e-mail. I just got back from Kolkata, was picking up my little boy from the Matri Sneha orphanage. I have sometimes read your blog and seen pictures of your beautiful Micah and I recognized him in the next crib to my boy. We took some video shots and I would be more than happy to e-mail it to you.

All the best,
Margret
arnarogmagga@gmail.com