Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Case Approved!

I learned today that the judge in India has approved Micah's (Utsab's) case!  Yeah!  Now the attorneys for ISRC (our adoption agency in India) will draw up the guardianship papers in Utsab's name and then place them on the judge's desk for him to sign...making it official!  Now we wait for the Visa's and Passports to be applied for, and for the paperwork to make it back to Dillon, our agency here in the states.  They will then apply for our ICPC approval and we can purchase our plane tickets!  Of course all of this needs to be done by February 15th, before our home study expires. :)  No pressure.  It would be a huge help too if we could get our income tax refund before we travel. I'm sure glad the Lord knows what He is doing.  The funds are His, so I know we'll have what we need when we need it.  Of course there are no guarantees, but it looks like we will be able to travel and pick Micah up just before his first birthday on March 5!

12 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Candice,Congrats on approval.I am so happy 4 you,I hope u get that tax refund for Travel.We are hoping we get enough for our referral,Gidget

Pam said...

Yay! Praising God with you today!

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

God is gracious if we just trust him.

Praying that things move quickly and that you get your refund soon.

-Maggie

Sara said...

Wonderful news! I'm so excited for y'all and will be praying for all those details to fall into place.

Peter and Nancy said...

Wow! This is such great news! Having Micah home by his first birthday would be such an answered prayer . . . Happy travel planning!
-- Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Wonderful news! Travel time!! How great is that?

:)
Julie R

ColleenC said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to follow along on your journey (and can I please have some of your speedy process dust, please?!) Can't wait to see you holding little Micah!

Traci said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you all.

Amy said...

Congrats!! I am so glad that there is movement! Woohoo!!! I hope you get to travel WAY before his birthday!

Sara said...

I am so happy for you guys! It's amazing to see how God works in the details! I can't wait to see pictures of little Micah in his birthday hat!

jasonliberty said...

Yay! Congratulation! We will be praying for a speedy tax refund!

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Candice, this is WONDERFUL news!!! I am so happy for your family. God is in control and will provide. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Not too much longer and your little boy will be in your arms forever! Congrats!!!!!!
April :-)