Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, Christmas is over for another year. Micah enjoyed it to say the least. All it took was 1 gift and he was hooked. It wasn't the gift, but the unwrapping that he loved. He was like the Tazmanian devil whirling around seeing whose present he could swipe off their lap to open next. The tissue paper sticking out of gift bags was free game! So hilarious to watch and so much fun!

And now, it's the last day of 2009! By far, the thing we are the most thankful for this year is the fact that we were able to bring Micah home! It's hard to believe that we traveled in February and that he has already been home for 10 months! Time has passed so quickly. On the other hand, our bond with Micah is so strong, and his adjustment into our family has gone so smoothly, that we feel like he was born into our family. It is awesome how God places the right children into the the right families!

Our 14th wedding anniversary was yesterday and I got the sweetest gift...Micah told me he loved me for the first time! We were lying in bed and he kept leaning over and kissing me on the cheek and forehead. Then, after 1 kiss, he said, "love you!" Of course I was so excited, so he kept repeating it for a while. What an amazing gift. Of course he doesn't realize how he touched my heart! I am going to keep trying to get others to adopt as we move into the new year!

We are anticipating lots of things for 2010, some good things and some difficult things. However, we will continue to give our heavenly Father thanks and praise for His lovingkindness and goodness in our lives! Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

What a sweet photo of your four!

There's no good time to endure a diagnosis and know that you're facing surgery and treatment . . . but you seem to have been able to experience the joy of Christmas despite your circumstances. It's beautiful and remarkable to see you celebrating Christ during uncertainty. I pray that your situation will touch many people, as it has me already.
With love,
Nancy

jasonliberty said...

I love your photo it's just the sweetest!! I will be praying for you faithfully through 2010. If you have a day where you just need to talk or need someone to pray specifically please feel free to call or e-mail me anytime day or night!! jakelib93@yahoo.com. I'll send you my phone # by e-mail

Liberty

Traci said...

Thank you for cont'ing to write. Happy new year to you, as well. We'll be praying!

The Labontes said...

What a great gift Micah gave you! Music to a Momma's ears! We are praying with you as well. Thank you for continuing to share your journey with us as we start a New Year.

Kristy

Julie & Patrick said...

What a sweet picture! Time has flown. It is hard to believe you've been home with Micah for almost a year all ready. I am thankful for your quick and solid bond with him as this new year poses new challenges. My prayers are with you!

Julie R

ColleenC said...

Oh my goodness what a GREAT moment!

Hope 2010 brings a complete cure for you, you are in my thoughts.

Seneca said...

Candice,
I wish you a very happy 2010!! Thank you for sharing everything. I pray that there is a mountaintop just ahead for you and all those near and dear to you!
Micah is such a handsome adorable boy! He must make your heart melt!
Take Care!