Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Roads

It's funny, but for some reason this morning, my mind is drawn to the line of a Robert Frost poem...two roads diverged in a wood.

In 2007 we started on our adoption journey. Some close friends and co-workers of ours, got their login date to china that year. We have been on this adoption journey together, although their journey has taken a very different path than ours did. Long story short, they are leaving on Thursday to fly to China to pick up their little 4 year old beauty! I am so excited for them I can hardly stand it. Just 11 months ago, we were headed to India for Micah and I can remember the emotions like it was yesterday.

What a difference a year can make. It seems surreal for me that while our friends are on a plane to pick up their little girl, I will be sitting in a hospital room recovering from my mastectomy. Two close families headed down two very different roads in 2010. My consolation is that the same God is watching over both our journeys. As He is looking down onto the woods and watching our paths diverge, He is guiding us both. He will be with our friends as they land in China and head to the orphanage to meet "Anna" for the first time, and He will be with me after I wake up from surgery and begin making plans for my treatment to follow. So, I will rejoice with my friends and follow this new path for me one step at a time!

9 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Candice,How wonderful that your friends are heading to China to begin a new chapter in their lives wih their new daughter!:)
It is so great that God has given you such strength and faith to travel down the road you are on. It is good to know that you are standing strong. We have been praying for you and we will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. Gidget:)

Peter and Nancy said...

Thanks for letting your blog friends know when your surgery is happening. We will be praying for a successful surgery, for peace upon your whole family, and that you continue to feel God holding you throughout this entire journey.

With love,
Nancy

Lindsey said...

Just know I love you, and I am praying for you!!! God is faithful in all seasons of our lives, and I know he is with you.

jasonliberty said...

Candice, I'm so glad to hear about your friends picking up their daughter. How awesome for them!

Please know you are being covered from head to toe with prayer. We all love you!!

Liberty

Julie & Patrick said...

Added prayers for a successful surgery and fast recovery. How nice to have wonderful thoughts of your friends' journey at this time too.

All the best,
Julie R

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Candice, I will be praying for you as you travel down this new road. I am so thankful that you have a strong relationship and trust in God. The assurance that God is with you every step of the way and that HE will get you through is a wonderful place to be.

How fun it will be to see Anna when your friends come home from China. To see God's faithful come full circle is always a wonderful thing.

April :-)

Pam said...

Candice~We are covering you in prayer, friend. Please know that if I could be there with you...I would be! Stay strong, praying for your heart. Remember God is faithful. Hugs to you!

Our Family said...

My friend,
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
God has such wonderful plans for you (Jeremiah 29:11)!
You are such a reflection of God's love and a testimony and witness to the grace and strength God provides!
Big hugs and lots of love,
Anna Kerrigan

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

We've been praying for you Candice!! May he give you strength and courage through you treatment. It's a rough road but I know that you have great faith and with that you can accomplish anything.

Hugs from NY!!
-Maggie