Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oxymoron

Ok, Rest with an almost 2-year old at home must be an oxymoron. I realize now how spoiled I was last week having my husband and my mother here at home with me to wrangle the boys. Nathan is fine and would watch a movie or cartoons for an hour or two. Micah, on the other hand, is out of control! He wants to be playing with someone and is not content to just sit still. Although he wants to play, he is still very short-tempered and if anything does not go his way, he screams, hits, pushes, pinches, bites, or whatever is necessary to get what he wants. If I ask Nathan to go play with Micah in their room, inevitably Nathan comes to me crying about every 10 minutes because of Micah.

Every morning Micah wants to have some juice and wants to sit on the couch with some dry honeynut cheerios and watch a Mickey Mouse cartoon. So, this morning I tried to go back to bed after getting him situated. That lasted about 10 minute before Micah was back in my room. For the next hour he was climbing in and out of my bed. He'd be asking for his night night (blanket) and juice, leaning over saying, "Booboo, Mommy?" When I said, "Yes, Mommy has a booboo," he would then ask over and over again, "Okay, Mommy, Okay Mommy?" Then he would holler for NayNay (Nathan) to come help him down. While leaving the room he would say, "Love you, Mommy!" This was over and over again with every step till he left the room. Of course he expects me to respond after each one. I will admit that this is precious, but early this morning, still under the effects of the allergy meds I took at 4:00 a.m., I did not find it so cute! Once in the living room, it was quiet for a minute. Then I hear Micah banging on the coffee table with Nathan's play hammer. I closed my eyes thinking, "It won't last long." Then I hear Micah playing a lovely tune on the girls harmonica right outside my bedroom door. So, I gave up and I am trying to get up and moving and start my day. Maybe Micah will lay down for an early nap! I continue to be hopeful! :)

5 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Oh, Candice! I pray you get more rest. I can't imagine going through what you have with a little rambunctious toddler. Simeon and Micah sound SO much alike. I am praying for you!

These boys are so funny though!

Fenwick 5 said...

Sounds like Micah is a busy bee!! I bet you think too busy,especially at times like this. Maybe he will settle down so you can rest. I hope.
Will he play quiet mouse?
Praying for you and your family:) Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

Wish I lived closer so I could come and keep Micah busy for a few hours! The age from 12 mo. to 2 years is the high-maintenance age, for sure. Hope you're able to get little bits of rest . . .
Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Sounds like a "busy" morning at the most inopportune time. I hope nap time comes for all soon and is a long one!!

Julie R