Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Naughty List!

By now, I'm sure that Micah's name is clearly on Santa's "Naughty" List. It looks like I will be spending all of Micah's Christmas $ to fix the things he has broken in the last couple of weeks. Not that I am keeping my own list, but here is a short break down from least expensive fix to the costliest...
  • 2 New Christmas balls ($2) - This year I bought a new 4 pack of pretty balls to add to the ones I had purchased last year. So far Micah has broken 2 of my new ones. Of course he knows he is not supposed to touch them. He brings them to me, points his little finger at my face and tells me, "No, no!"
  • 1 Pack Foam Darts ($10) - For some reason, Micah seems to like chewing on his brother's foam darts that shoot out of a little gun and stick to the wall. He will actually climb the bookcase to pull them out of Nathan's box (which is supposed to be out of his reach) and all day long I will find him chewing on half pieces of dart that he has chewed in two.
  • 1 Bathroom Cabinet door ($60) - Micah has pulled on, slammed, and yanked on our bathroom cabinet door, till last week it came apart in 3 pieces and cannot be glued back together.
  • 1 Portable DVD player ($150) - Last week Micah got mad at Nathan in the car and so he kicked his legs at the DVD player on the back of my headrest. This snapped the little plastic hinges that hold the door on and so, of course, the front cover fell off. Now we cannot watch movies in the car.
  • 1 Car Stereo system ($170) - Last week, I tried to play our choir cd in the car so that I could practice for our choir program. It would not take the cd. Upon further inspection, I saw that Micah had slipped several quarters and nickels into the slot meant only for cds. I will have to either pay for someone to take the whole thing apart and put it back together, or just get a whole new one.
Micah has also mastered the "pouty face." It used to work, but we have quickly figured out his system. He is too cute for his own good. :) I guess all I need to really remember is, "Having Micah home for his first Christmas...Priceless!"

6 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

What a stinker! Every so often, I will see an article about what it actually cost to raise a child to age 18 . . . wonder if they've included stuff like this? :o)
Merry Christmas!
Nancy

Kristi W. said...

Hilarious!! Shaili also LOVES those foam darts. We have had quite a few bite the dust lately. :) Sounds like Micah makes life a lot more interesting for you!!!

Kristi W.

Amy said...

Oh wow Candice - we really need to get together. Simeon and Micah are cousins or something.

I spent my whole grocery shopping day picking up groceries that Simeon had slung across the store. He also jabbed his little finger in raw meat until I thought I was going to pull my hair out. Ahhh, the joys of active boys. I sure am glad they are home though :)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Oh, the joys of having boys! Sounds like you have your hands full. I am so happy he is home for Christmas.....you are right...priceless :-)

April :-) Alesha's mommy

Natalie said...

Olivia put quarters in my dad's CD player in his car over the summer, but my husband was able to pop of the frame that fits around the CD player and pull the whole thing out and after a few shakes, the money fell out (it was actually 2 quarters, a nickel, and a penny!)He put it back in and all it left was a small scratch on the frame, but it was a FREE fix! I don't know what kind of car you have, but it might work!

Julie & Patrick said...

Is this the reason why the phrase "never a dull moment" was dreamed up? I guess this is also why God made little kids so darned cute...it balances out the mass destruction :)

Julie R