Saturday, December 19, 2009

Be Still!


Well, it's 1 week away from Christmas and as you can see, Micah is enjoying the season! We are going to have quite the "first Christmas" with him this year...broken ornaments, sticky fingers from candy canes, and all. He has also picked up a new word...coco!

We have decided to postpone everything for me until the holiday is over. We don't want to interrupt the kids Christmas and want to still be able to travel and visit family and see my sister's new baby. I am scheduled to have surgery in January so we will just sit back and wait.

God is speaking to me this morning through others. When I woke up this morning, I had a FB message from a dear lady at church who shared with me that God had gotten her up at 5:00 a.m. this morning to pray for me and she gave me this verse..."Be still and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10. A few minutes later, when I got on my blog to update it, there was 1 new comment and a Dillon mom had left a message for me and included the very same verse! So, like all good children who obey their fathers, I am going to try to "be still" today and rest in my heavenly Father! :)

7 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Micah is absolutely adorable! His sweet smile just makes you want to smile, too. Have a wonderful Christmas with all of your family. I will continue to pray for you as you enter the new year with some changes on the horizon. It is so awesome when God speaks through others to encourage our hearts. This is a great verse! I will pray that you will find rest in the comforting arms of Jesus.

April :-)

The Labontes said...

I'm glad you are taking time to enjoy the holidays despite the upcoming hurdles! You will certainly continue to be in our prayers.

On another note - the frog hat is the cutest thing I've ever seen (the little boy under it makes it even cuter, I'm sure)!

Kristy

Julie & Patrick said...

What a sweet sweet boy with a smile that surely must melt your heart.

Julie R

Pam said...

Hi Friend, Thinking about you lots. Praying for you lots too. God has been speaking that same verse to me lately as well. Praying we both rest in knowing that HE IS GOD! Hugs to you, and what a cutie pie!

theheartofachild said...

I went to a prayer meeting tonight where a gal from Bethel Church in Redding, CA (www.ibethel.org/) was there. Bethel has experienced HUNDREDS of people the Lord has miraculously healed from cancer (and many other miracles). I just wanted to let you know that as she was sharing some healing testimonies, the Lord put you on my heart. I went up to the speaker and asked that she pray for you. I stood in the gap as we prayed that the cancer be gone in the Name of Jesus. I sensed the Lord's power and touch. I pray that when you go in for surgery they won't even find it!
Blessings!
Jenny

Dramagirl said...

Candice,

I was just getting caught up on your blog. We will be praying for you during the next few weeks. We love and appreciate you all so much! Happy New Year! Love, Kristy and Brian

CV said...

Those pictures are so ADORABLE! He's so handsome in the hats. It looks like he's a bundle of fun. ;)

Christine