Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Little Cowboy!

Well, we are back from our trip out West to visit my parents.  This was the first time they got to meet Micah.  He did really well for 20 hours in the car. :)  

While we were there, Micah picked up some new words...nana, papa, and dog!  He also decided that he likes crushed ice, swimming, and jumping on the trampoline.  He did not like the hot, dry wind in his face.  One afternoon, we were flabbergasted when he came to us wanting his diaper off.  My mom told me I should go set him on the potty and my little 16 month old used the "big boy potty!"  Of course he thought that was cool and used the potty 5 or 6 more times while we were there.  I guess we will see if that lasts now that we are back home. :)

To explain the picture...I have a picture of me at 20 months of age in my little diaper, standing in my dad's cowboy boots and wearing his cowboy hat.  I have been able to do a picture of each of my kids at around the same age in the same pose.  So, of course Micah got his turn, and I think it turned out adorable!  I can't wait to get this picture of my little cowboy in a frame with my others.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Adorable picture! Potty training already!?!? This boy is advanced!

Pam said...

On my word Candice! That picture is adorable! LOVE IT! I will have to email you my pic of my Micah dressed like that. :)

Julie & Patrick said...

Yep! We started potty training around that time too. Amazing what these kids are doing. Love the photo...too cute!

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

Every mother of a boy will be SO jealous if he's an early bird with potty training! :o) That picture is super cute -- I bet your "set" of cowboy photos will look so good together.

-- Nancy

Amy said...

Love it! Adorable! We have to get these boys together soon :)

jasonliberty said...

what a sweet picture! And how exciting that potty training might be a breeze for you:-)