Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New pic of Micah!


Well, here is a new picture of Micah taken just 10 days ago. We can see him growing right before our eyes as we have been fortunate enough to get new pictures almost every month since we accepted his referral. It's hard to believe that he will be 10 months old in just 6 days. He looks a little sad to me here, but maybe he just woke up from a nap. At least he is wearing blue jammies instead of pink. :) I want to just grab him up and give him a big kiss on those cheeks. I can also see two tiny little teeth poking through on the bottom. What a precious little gift we have been given.

Through all the doubts, fears, questions, frustrations, waiting, etc., all I have to do is look at this little face, and the Lord calms my heart. Bringing Micah home is the favorite thing that I am looking forward to in 2009. I am hoping and praying for quick news from the judge when the courts reopen in January. The Lord has continued to be faithful and this Christmas has provided us with some unexpected funds from friends and family to go toward our travel expenses. We are just trusting that it will all be there when it is time to go get our little boy! :)

10 comments:

Amy said...

What a doll baby! Those teeth are ADORABLE!!! I take it that this is the new "picture" crib since Neon is sitting in the same one for his pics ;). I know that God will provide the funds and travel dates in His perfect timing. I can't wait to see Micah with your family!

Julie & Patrick said...

Just waiting for you to come pick him up!!

I may be mistaken, but I recognize the sleeper he is in as one of the ones we donated...trying to bring some blue into the babies home!

Julie R

Kristi W. said...

He is as handsome as ever. What a sweetie! Looks like his hair is filling in! Hoping and praying you hear good news in January!!!

:) Kristi

The Pfeiffer Family said...

What a sweet boy you have!!! Can't wait until we get to read that you are on your way to pick him up. Praying for quick court dates.

April :-)

Ruth Dammann said...

He's gorgeous! I'm praying for a quick court date for you guys! Hope you're enjoying the time with your family this Christmas.

Sara said...

He is absolutely beautiful! Oh, those gorgeous eyes! Looks like he's getting more hair and he is definitely looking "older". Can't wait to meet him!

Peter and Nancy said...

Those sweet, soulful eyes -- he's going to be hard to say "no" to! So glad you have a new round of photos. :o)
-- Nancy

Seneca said...

Great pic Candice! He has really grown! Micah looks like he is going to be a big boy!
Happy New Year, it's going to be a great one:)!!

The Labontes said...

Love the teeth, and his hair is getting so long. I remember how nice it was to first see my boy in blue :)

ColleenC said...

What a cute little boy and so expressive! Hope you hear good news soon and can get that boy home for his birthday!