Thursday, December 25, 2008

Micah's Angel


Merry Christmas! We had such a wonderful Christmas today. There was beautiful weather outside, we ate an awesome lunch at Ma-maw's and we had the whole day to just be with family! Although my husband, David, and my daughter don't feel well, it was nice to just be together all day with no plans and no place to be! We all opened our stockings this morning and talked about what we are going to do for stockings next year when Micah comes. Our stocking holders spell out PEACE and we will need another spot! Also, his stocking won't match the ones we have now. I've actually checked out some patterns and I think I am going to try making some...we'll see how that turns out. :)

David and I do stockings for each other every year and this year, I found this Willow Tree Angel inside. It is called "Angel's Embrace" and is a little angel holding a small child. He told me it was for Micah. Since Micah could not be with us today, we like to think that his guardian angel was holding and hugging him for us this Christmas. The inscription says, "Hold close that which we hold dear." I was doing ok today, trying not to think about Micah not being with us, until I read this. Well, next Christmas, Lord willing, we will be celebrating Christ's birth with 4 children!

9 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

I like the angel,so sweet.I hope you have your boy next year at Christmas.If the lord is willing,I look for Maiya to be joining our family,Gidget

Ranee said...

Aww how special of him to put the angel in there. That's so sweet. Here's hoping you do have 4 home next year for Christmas. He's gorgeous btw!

Kristi W. said...

I was thinking of all of you guys today. I'm sorry you had to celebrate without your sweet boy. The Christmas we were waiting on the judge to sign Daya's papers was incredibly hard for me. Just thinking back on that time brings me to tears. Hang in there...next year Micah WILL BE HOME for Christmas!!! I'm praying he'll be home by February at the latest! If you find some cute stocking patterns let me know...Shaili doesn't have one that matches ours either so I think I'll have to start all over for everybody too.

Merry Christmas!

:) Kristi

Pam said...

Hugs to you sweet Candice. I thought of you guys yesterday too. Tough days waiting through the holidays. When we were in our waiting Christmas, my sister bought us a Willow tree figure too. It is a little boy holding a wire balloon. Inside the balloon...it says HOPE. She wrote a poem to go with it. Augh. Made me bawl. Still one of the my most prized possessions. I hope that you find peace in your wait. Hugs to you! Merry Christmas

ColleenC said...

What a sweet husband! Awesome gift. May this be your last holiday as a fivesome!

Seneca said...

Candice,
What a thoughtful hubbie you have. It won't be long until your son is home! Keep us posted!:)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

What a precious gift your husband got you for Christmas. How wonderful it will be to celebrate with Micah next year. Praying he is here very soon! April :-)

Amy said...

What a sweet gift. I had a slight break-down on Christmas morning but it only lasted a few minutes and my whole family surrounded me with hugs. Next year will be amazing ;)!

Peter and Nancy said...

There must be something about those figurines. During our wait, my mom gave me one of a mother holding a child, and then on our adoption court day, my mother-in-law gave me one of a woman holding a folded American flag. Great minds must think alike -- including your sweet husband!

If you stress about the stockings, here's a way to cheat -- just make new ones for the kids that go with yours & your husband's (that will save a little time, if you don't have much of that when your dear son comes home!) Merry last Christmas with three children . . . next year to be four!