Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Finally Shopping!


Well, I have officially joined the ranks of the mom's who have been shopping for their children who are not home yet! This week I made my first two purchases. I ordered this Usborne Book called "Baby Dinosaur." It is a soft, touchy-feely book, with little footprints they follow through the book and crinkly flaps that they can lift and look under. I thought it would be something fun for the hotel and plane ride, but good for the senses as well. I didn't realize until it came and I got to look inside, but the story is about helping baby dinosaur find his family! Can you believe it? And, on the last page, under a little leaf, are the baby dinosaurs 3 little siblings just waiting for him! It perfectly fits our family. I thought that was so cool.

I wanted to get a blanket for Micah...not that he'll need it to keep warm or anything since it's so hot in India. I did, however, like the idea of him having something to snuggle with, and since Nathan has always carried around a little blanket, I thought I would get Micah one. I found this one at Target and loved it. Again the dinosaur...don't know why I'm getting dinosaur stuff since his room won't be that...oh well. The blanket was just sooooo soft and I loved the blue and brown.

No more purchases though till after Christmas. :) In January is when we are going to try to find bunkbeds for the girls room so that we can move their little low beds into the boys room. Then I can start shopping for matching bedding, etc. I think that is going to be fun, and something the girls can help me with. I think it will also help to make everything seem a little more real for Nathan! I think starting to get the rooms ready will actually help all of us fill in the time left these last long couple of months of waiting.

9 comments:

Amy said...

So cute!!! The book sounds adorable! It feels nice to shop a little - I am using restraint as well.

ColleenC said...

Yay for shopping!!! And LOVE the book- how absolutely perfect. I like the holiday music on your blog too- gets me in the spirit : )

Todd and Michele said...

So cute. I love the book. Aren't Usborne books the greatest. Hope time flies for you guys over this Holiday season!

Michele
(waiting on Dreyden's passport)

Fenwick 5 said...

Candice,Like the book and the blanket,I am sure you will get plenty of use out of it!!It is great to shop.I have slowed down on shopping,we have decided to finish up after we get our referral. Wonder when that will be,I know that it will all fit into gods perfect plan. Just can't help but wonder what is going on in our little girls world.Gidget

Sara said...

Adorable stuff! So great to have real tangible stuff to hold on to until Micah is home!

Julie & Patrick said...

Funny how purchasing something makes this whole experience seem more real!

Love your choices...so far!!!

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

I love how the book fits your family so well! How sweet. Have fun exercising self-control. :o)
-- Nancy

Pam said...

Yay for planning!!!! I loved shopping for Micah while we were waiting. Have loads of fun!

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Looks like you found some great stuff. Dinosaurs were a huge hit with my boys for many years! I can actually name the majority of them now :-) When you said the blanket was just "sooooo soft" it reminded me of the blanket the boys and I bought for our Alesha. We couldn't get over just how soft this blanket was, but ours is brown and pink! Have fun with all the nesting and rearranging. Praying for the courts to move the cases along quickly. April #6