Friday, December 5, 2008

9 Months Old!

Yeah! Today Micah is 9 months old! It was kind of neat that yesterday I got an update on his size. He is currently (according to the orphanage in India) a whopping 15 1/2 pounds. He is the exact size of Laurel, the little girl that I babysit, and she is 6 months old. :) I gave her an extra hug today just to imagine that I was hugging Micah. It's going to be a long December I'm afraid with nothing much happening in the courts. I hope that when the courts reopen and the judge gets back to work in January, that he starts the ball rolling quickly. I want to hug little Micah for real. :)

Nathan, my 4-year old son who is very much a momma's boy, is still going back and forth. I'm wondering if he will be ready for Micah. Some nights while I am sitting by his bed waiting for him to fall asleep, he will say, "Mommy, when are you going to get Micah? I want him to be here." Then there are days like the week of Thanksgiving. I didn't have to watch Laurel that week and on Monday he asked, "Mommy, where's Laurel?" I told him that she was going to be staying with her mommy that week and then he said, "Good." I asked him why he didn't want her to be with us and he answered, "Because she cries and wants you. I want to be the only one who loves you." :) That almost made me cry. It's made me a little nervous too. I don't want him to resent Micah joining our family. Maybe once January comes and we start trying to get his room ready to share with Micah, he'll be more on board. I guess it's good that I have been babysitting too...maybe Micah's homecoming won't be such a rude awakening.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Happy 9 Months Micah! He is tiny! How sweet that you are able to keep a little girl right now. I have to get my monthly baby dose in the church nursery :).

Hopefully little Nathan will be all ready for little brother when he is able to come home :). Hoping the judge gets the ball rolling too!

Ruth Dammann said...

I love the idea of you hugging Laurel! I'm sure Nathan will have good days (and bad ones, too!), but he'll love being a big brother!

I love the dinosaur blanket!

Peter and Nancy said...

Nathan will get used to sharing you -- and he will quickly pick up how much fun it is to have another boy to play with whenever he wants to! Glad you have a great update about Micah!
-- Nancy

The Labontes said...

I agree that siblings have rivalries, but boy, don't they love each other. Myles told our social worker that Mehrunissa was going to steal his toys, but I watch him with Max Rup, and know he'll have a blast with another sibling.

Hope your wait it short once these holidays end!
Kristy

Sara said...

So great to get updates on your little one. I'm sure once he arrives, Nathan will love having another boy to play with. :) Hope things get moving quickly!

Pam said...

Hugs Candice! How cute is Nathan. I worry about my Micah too....I'm not sure how he is going to adjust either....I guess we will be in the same boat!

Ranee said...

I'm sure Nathan will do well, but I always wonder about how my own child is going to be when we adopt again as well. She's so loving and wants a baby sister, yet she's very much like your son sounds! It'll all work out, I'm sure.

Happy 9 months to your baby, he's a real cutie!