Friday, May 2, 2008

Ready, Set, Wait!

Wow. This has been an unusually busy week for us. I am sure I am not going to have something to write about every day. On our other site, I tried to journal at least twice a month, but I'm having fun playing around with this "blogging" thing so who knows. :)

We got our "Waiting Families Newsletter" today and it said that there are 13 families waiting. Since I think we have been the most recent family added to the list, I am assuming we are number 13! Now the countdown begins. It really is a Ready, Set, Wait kind of deal, so here we go.

In the waiting...I have read a great book lately that anyone interested in finding God's heart of compassion should read. It is called "Fields of the Fatherless" by C. Thomas Davis. It is a very easy read and great to do as a devotional. I highly recommend it.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Congratulations on being # 13.
I am anxious to follow this journey with you and your family.
Sheri (Home with Maya for 13 months)

Amy said...

Congrats on making the list! I love that book too - a great read!

Pam said...

Yay for the waiting list!! We started out at #12! ;o) Seems like forever ago. We brought home our Micah last Jan. It's been over a year...and whew! This first time Momma is tired. LOL! Check our story out if you want! I blog over at www.babymicahsjourney.blogspot.com.
Pam
(Dillon Mom!)

Julie & Patrick said...

We started at #22 I think! Hopefully, those referrals will come pouring in.

It always seems like there is a big quite before they start up again. With any luck, that will be the case now.

Looking forward to rejoicing in your good news as it comes.

Julie R (home with Devi nearly 9 months)