Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day!

Wow...I hate to say it, but I am glad to have this day almost over with. It has been an exhausting Mother's Day for me. Between church, trying to coordinate lunch with my husband's parents and his brother's family, my son not feeling well, my daughters fighting and telling on each other all day, my husband not feeling well, and my son hitting my niece with his wooden fishing pole and giving her a big knot on her head...I've about "mothered" out. :)

It is amazing to me, however, that for a brief moment this afternoon, as I was standing alone in the living room (after just having cleaned up some Sprite that my son spilled on the carpet) I thought, "Wow, my heart is aching for my child that isn't here yet. I can't wait for another child to join our family!" Crazy I know. :) Well, that's the response I get anyway from strangers in the store or at soccer games who see I have 3 and find out we are adopting. I prefer to think that God's grace is being poured out onto my life in a way I cannot explain. I am truly blessed by the gift of my 3 beautiful children and I cannot wait to meet the 4th!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow! I had a similar day with just my Micah!! ;o) My dh & M are both not feeling well. Makes for a crabby, crabby 2 year old. Oh Well! ;o)
I understand your feelings about your child in India!! Those feelings are so normal. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, ok? As for strangers finding out you are adopting....as my Dad always says opinions are like _____, they all stink. (You can fill in the blank with whatever, I've heard many variations! ha-ha!) I'm sure with bio children, you will have that. However, even without other children, we still got the comments. Most people will come around, some never will. That's the hard thing about it. Wait until your child gets here, it will be harder to be nice to those that aren't as supportive as we'd like them to be. *sigh* If only everyone could understand! Oh well!
Happy Mother's Day anyways! :o)
Pam

Amy said...

Sounds like an adventurous Mother's Day! I had that same longing for my baby yesterday too. I don't think it ever goes away. Hoping we will all get referrals soon!

Amy