Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gift of Encouragement!

It's funny to me that this month, our first month on the waiting list, in our Kidstuf Family Worship services at our church, the focus is on "Patience...waiting until later for what you want now." Well, maybe not so much funny as appropriate timing on God's part once again. :) I feel like we've just gotten started and the "silence" can be deafening if you allow yourself to focus on it. We are of course waiting for that much anticipated referral, waiting on news from our grant applications, waiting on the copy of our completed Dossier, waiting on our I-71H pre-approval notice from Immigration, etc.

Last night at the fundraising banquet for our home study agency, I got to hear the testimony and a concert from Jimmy Wayne, a new up-and-coming country music star. He grew up on the streets with his mom in prison, and no father. When he was 16, a couple in their 70's took him in and his life was turned around. It was so encouraging to hear how a couple can so drastically change the life of a child. Also, tomorrow, Jeoff Moore, the Christian Contempory Artist is doing a small concert at our church and giving his testimony regarding his work with Compassion International and his own adoption experiences with two daughters from China. I have heard him before and cannot wait to hear him again. I just love that in this quiet time, my heavenly Father has used these two artists to give me a gift of encouragement!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love getting those little unexpected gifts of encouragement. They really do help along the way!

Kristi W. said...

I'm with you! The silence gets to me as well. Hope you continue to get little gifts of encouragement along the way. You're not alone in the waiting! :)

Kristi W.