Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Micah!

Today my sweet boy turned 2 years old! We are going to have his party tomorrow so I will try to post pictures this weekend. Tonight, I could not help but smile as I tucked him into bed and listened to him singing Happy Birthday to himself. Of course his version is "happy tu tu" over and over again. :) I feel so, so blessed to be able to love this little man.

As I sat there by his bed, however, I could not help but think of Micah's birth mom tonight. We have a name, an age, a reason, and a court document with a fingerprint for a signature. Somewhere halfway across the world is a young woman just getting up as I am heading to bed and I wonder if today she was thinking about the little boy she gave birth to. Because she chose life for him, even though we are worlds apart in every way, we will always be tied together somehow through the life of this little boy. It's Micah's birthday, but I have been given a gift that I will cherish forever!

3 comments:

The Labontes said...

Happy Birthday, Micah! And may that young woman find peace today, in her decision to provide a good life for her child.

Kristy

Fenwick 5 said...

Blessed beyond words you are Candice. Even after what you have been going thru here lately and you can still say...I am blessed. That is wonderful and that is GOD. So many people these days complain about the bad,but with the Lord we see the Good over the bad.
So happy that you all will be celebratin the birth of a precious boy this weekend. I can't wait for pictures and he is so cute.
Maybe we could meet one day,I think we live kinda close. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICAH!!!
The Fenwick Family.

Peter and Nancy said...

Hope the party is lots of fun! I always think of Anya Rashi's birthparents on special days, too -- especially Mother's Day, Father's Day (which I know aren't even celebrated in India!), and her birthday. I echo Kristy's thoughts . . . that she feels peace in providing a good life for her baby.

We continue to lift your family up in prayer.

Nancy