Thursday, October 29, 2009

Catalyst & Compassion

Last night at our church we had a Compassion Sponsor Appreciation Event. Our regional coordinator came and spoke and gave his testimony about meeting the little boy he sponsors. Of course these stories are always touching. Last night they also showed a video clip from the Catalyst Conference that just took place in Atlanta. Their focus this year was on the ministry of Compassion International. The video clip was so awesome to see. Make sure you have a kleenex ready when you watch it! It is just one more reason that I love the ministry of Compassion!

2 comments:

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

WOW!!! I hope I'm prepared for the emotions!! We are scheduled to meet our Compassion child 11/10 before we go pick up Pala. Please pray that her passport comes through and we don't have to cancel.

Thank you for sharing!!

Peter and Nancy said...

My favorite thing about Compassion is how they work through local churches, so there's not a sense of "foreigners" coming in and then leaving people with no connections or follow-up. Beautiful!

I just read your previous post . . . and I have to tell you that I made pumpkin pie today as a treat for our Bible study. :o)
-- Nancy