Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Man's War

I just finished reading an awesome book called, "Another Man's War," by Sam Childers. He was a druggie, alcoholic, biker, who accepted Christ, became a pastor and now runs an orphanage in war torn Uganda and Southern Sudan. He fights with their military there to help save the women and children from the rebels. It is such an incredible story, well worth the read. He is giving his life to protect the war orphans there and their stories will break your heart. What a great ministry he has! He has spoken on Oprah before and also on the 700 Club. I'm going to try to check out those sites and see if I can pull up any of his old interviews. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Peter and Nancy said...

That sounds amazing . . . I just e-mailed my husband a book title for a Christmas gift idea. I'll have to add this one to the list!