Monday, May 25, 2009

Adoption Talk

Isn't this one of the cutest faces you've ever seen?  Micah LOVES bath time and his sister thought it would be funny to give him a mohawk with his wet hair. :)  We just LOVE this little boy and what JOY he has brought to our lives!

I am loving all the opportunities I am having to talk about adoption with friends and total strangers.  I get asked questions in restaurants, at the grocery store, at the ball fields, etc.  Everyone who sees Micah falls in love with him and that contagious little smile and I promote adoption every chance I get with Micah as my visual aid. :)  What an incredible thing it would be to us if Micah's journey would encourage even just one family to adopt and change the life of even one more child!  That is our prayer!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a doll! I am so glad you are getting opportunities to promote adoption - what a wonderful thing :)

Julie & Patrick said...

What a cutie pie!!! Hooray for adoption talk. I am the same way...I'll stop and chat with anyone who is remotely interested. I love the curious questions too. I think showing by example is the best way to encourage others along this wonderful journey. This kind of unexplainable joy should be shared!

:)
Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

We've had some great chances to talk with people too -- I have wondered how Anya Rashi will feel about those conversations when she's a little older, though . . . But, right now, there's a couple who is researching adoption directly because of Anya Rashi's story, so I'll take whatever chances I can get!
-- Nancy

Sara said...

Candice, that has been my prayer too! I can't wait for Cole to be here so others can see how well this adoption system works. :) Especially for believers, who already know what it feels like to be adopted into God's family - such a wonderful blessing!

theheartofachild said...

I AGREE! Thank you for speaking up for the least of these!
Jenny