Monday, June 1, 2009

A little bit of wonder!





Last week 2 of my sisters from out of town came here for a visit.  For almost a week, there were 4 of us sisters here with our 10 children ages 9 and under!  We had so much fun.  My sister, Cathi, had not met Micah yet, so that was exciting for me.  One afternoon we took the kids to play in some fountains downtown.  All the kids had a blast and even Micah got in on a little bit of the action. :)  I love to watch children when they are experiencing something for the very first time.  There is that sparkle in their eyes...that little bit of wonder...that just makes you smile!  I wonder if my Heavenly Father smiles a little like a proud parent when He senses our awe in the beauty of a sunset, or rainbow, or even when we hold our child for the first time! So awesome!  

4 comments:

Amy said...

We took Simeon to our fountain here the other day just to watch. He was fascinated - I can't wait until he can jump in like Micah! Micah is a sweetheart!

I love the wonder of a child - it teaches you a lot on how we are supposed to be.

Peter and Nancy said...

Such a sweetie! Looks like he had fun with the new experience. :o) Makes me want to plan some swimming soon (as soon as it warms up a little more, anyway).
-- Nancy

Sara said...

What a cutie! He looks like he is getting so big and I love the curls. :) So much fun to see all these "firsts"!

Fenwick 5 said...

Love the fountain pics,the wonders of a child are so dear. I remember when things use to amaze me as a child,now it is hard to believe that I am now getting the blessing of watching my child experience many wonders,Thanks be to God,:)
Still holding on at number #2 for Maiya,Gidget and the Family.