Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not a bed of roses...

Well, everything is not a bed of roses!  This last 2 weeks have been a doozy for me.  I am exhausted to say the least.  Micah has been sick with maybe a viral thing that hibernated for a while and then turned into a sinus and ear infection.  He has been SUPER clingy to me and does not want me to put him down if I am anywhere in his sight line.  Besides that, he is waking up about every hour during the night and crying.  You know that headache that you get when you are trying to take a nap and keep getting woke up right when you fall asleep?  I've had that for about a week now. :)  We finished our antibiotics 2 days ago and I know he is feeling some better.  Maybe this clingy thing will taper off and he'll start sleeping through the night again.  Here's hoping. :) 

8 comments:

Kristi W. said...

I feel your pain!!! Hang in there! Hopefully he'll get back to normal now, and you can get some sweet slumber. :)

Fenwick 5 said...

I know what u are talking about,hopefully he will feel better here soon and you both can get some snoozing going on..ZZZZZZZ:) Gidget

Julie & Patrick said...

Argh! It seems just about every kid that comes home goes through this little illness phase that is no picnic. Hopefully, you are all over the hump and can find that good routine again.

Dreaming of sleep...

Julie R

Amy said...

So sorry - it does sound exhausting. Just a few hours of clinginess can be draining plus I can't imagine sickness as well. Praying he feels better soon!

Peter and Nancy said...

Oh, mama, do I feel for you -- and you have one more child than I do! Hold on . . . hopefully a little better sleep is on the way soon. Treat yourself to your favorite form of caffeine in the meantime. :o)
Hugs to you,
Nancy

Sara said...

So hard! Life without sleep makes everything so much more challenging. I hope you are able to find time for rest soon so you can continue to meet everyone's needs (including your own!).

The Labontes said...

Ugh, lack of sleep is amazingly debilitating, isn't it? Hope you get caught up soon! Hope Micah is on the mend.
Kristy

ColleenC said...

Oh, hate that every hour thing. Ick. With Jack I always have to remind myself that sooner or later he will move on to a new sleep cycle (he is a rough sleeper and it sometimes takes weeks but somehow reminding myself that it is temporary helps: )

Here's to 8 full hours!