Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

What a wonderful Mother's Day...I had all 4 of my children with me!  I feel so, so blessed.  I wouldn't trade being a mommy for anything in the world.  There are times I would like to fly them to their Nana's for a week so that I could get some sleep, but that's another story. :)

My children are so talented and wonderful!  Does every Mom feel that way? :)  Hallie wrote me a beautiful story about Mother's Day and Emma wrote me an interactive song and played it for me on the piano while I looked at my card.  Nathan made me some egg carton flowers at pre-school and last night and today Micah started holding my cheeks in his little hands and giving me kisses...open mouth, sound effects and all!  

Last night while I was lying down with Micah I couldn't help but think about his birth mom and what she is like.  I wonder where she is and what she looks like.  I touched Micah's soft curls and the small cleft in his chin and wondered if they come from her.  I am sad for her that she will never know the little treasure that her sacrifice has allowed me to gain.

My heart is full, and my husband would say our "quiver" is full. :)  Whatever the case, as my children are all asleep in their beds, I am saying a prayer of "thanks" to my heavenly Father for the amazing gift called "motherhood!"

"The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a great one."  Jill Churchill

6 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Happy Mother's Day! You have a beautiful family and I am glad they spoiled you on your special day.

April :-) #3

Pam said...

Happy Mother's Day Candice! You have such a beautiful family. Your children are blessed to have you as their Mommy!

Fenwick 5 said...

Love the mothers day pictures!!:) Your children are adorable!! Gidget

Julie & Patrick said...

Great photo...Happy Mother's Day!

Julie R

ColleenC said...

Aww, what great mother's day presents!! The kiss is a great one! How wonderful to be able to stop and appreciate it all (especially when they're all asleep :)

Peter and Nancy said...

I love the quotation you posted . . . it's a great reminder not to strive for perfection. Happy Mother's Day -- the kisses must've been especially appreciated this year. :o)
-- Nancy