Sunday, March 29, 2009

Already at home!

Can you tell my little boy is already feeling at home?  Here he is in a little baseball outfit, playing with his sissy's Nintendo DS.  I think he is holding it steady with his big toe! Who knows.  He fits in that way too, since all of us in our family have long toes. :)  

For a quick update...Micah is quickly learning and copying everything.
  • He took his first steps this week without holding on!  Of course now he won't do it again, but we must be getting close.  
  • He is eating everything in sight, and I mean everything.  If he can reach it, it goes in his mouth.  I'm having to baby proof again.  The only food he has not been fond of was strawberries and mandarin oranges...I guess they are kind of sour. 
  • He likes to ride in the stroller and has gotten used to his carseat really quickly.  In fact, he usually falls asleep almost immediately when we head somewhere.
  • He has figured out what a cell phone is for and will hold ours up to his ear every chance he gets.
  • He no longer screams and cries when we change his diaper or his clothes...we never figured that one out.
  • He is still fighting me when it comes time for naps and bedtime, but not nearly as badly and I am figuring out a system.  I may still end up with a busted lip or broken nose from being butted with his head, but I guess that is a small price to pay. :)
  • He LOVES bath time now!  If there is water running, he wants in.  He will climb all over Nathan to get the water spout when they are taking a bath.  Then he will do everything he can to climb in the tub with Emma, jammies and all.   After that, he'll stand there getting sprayed with the water while Hallie takes a shower!
  • He loves seeing himself in the mirror and will just coo and kiss his reflection forever.
  • He is a very social little boy and will go to almost anyone.  However, after just a few minutes, he looks around for Mommy or Daddy and wants to come back.  Of course I love that!
Such a sweetie!  We are all relishing in this Springtime of getting to know each other and watching Micah bloom!

 

7 comments:

The Labontes said...

So glad he's adjusting so well! I love his little grin! Enjoy each other!
Kristy

The Pfeiffer Family said...

It was fun to read how well Micah is adjusting. Thanks for keeping up the blog with updates. I always enjoy hearing how things are AFTER the adoption actually happens. Micah, sure is a sweetheart!

April :-)

Sara said...

Yay for steps! I knew it wouldn't be long!

Julie & Patrick said...

He is so darling...genius to use those toes too!! Glad to hear that things are settling right in and everyone is adjusting so well. I love hearing about the adjustment period and similar and different each of our experiences have been. Micah sounds like he is feeling quite safe and happy.

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

Doesn't it warm your heart that he already knows you're his "home" people? I'd love to know what you're doing to help him at naptime and bedtime . . . consider it research for our next daughter. :o) I'm glad he (and the rest of you!) are doing so well!
-- Nancy

Heather said...

What great updates! He looks so cute and it is wonderful to hear that Micah is doing well.

Heather

Amy said...

He seems to be doing SO great! He is completely adorable. I love hearing about him :)