Sunday, August 24, 2008

What the future holds...

Yesterday, my almost 4-year-old son, Nathan, was singing a song he made up for me and his daddy. He claps his hands, then hits his thighs, back and forth making a rythem for his song. He sings about everything, from getting dressed in the morning, to cooking lunch, from taking a bath, to eating lunch at Chick-fil-a...literally. After his song was finished, he gave us a great big smile, looked at his daddy, and said, "How bout that?! You want that on your ipod, daddy?" I almost cried. It was so, so sweet. :)

Today, I was thinking about his song and the fact that a three year old knows what an ipod is and how it works. :) I thought...I can't wait till our son comes home from India. I think about everything he will get to experience and the opportunities he will have that millions of orphans will never get to experience. Only God knows what the future holds. I am so excited right now to be able to share this time with my kiddos and I can't wait till our other son finally joins us. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a cutie your son is! I pray you see your new baby son's face soon! Maybe our babies will be crib mates ;).

Kristi W. said...

That is too cute! It will be fun to hear what songs he makes up about his new brother! Maybe when he comes up with one you can video it for us and put it on your blog. :)

Peter and Nancy said...

I'm with Kristi -- get that boy on the blog! Before he gets older and more self-conscious! What a sweetie.
-- Nancy

Amy said...

Thanks! I need to see if I can check that book out from the library - I have been meaning to and you reminded me.