Thursday, August 21, 2008

One Heartbeat At A Time!

I was listening today to my ipod while I was cleaning house. :) I heard a song that I don't remember hearing before, but it's lyrics really caught my ear. It was a song by Steven Curtis Chapman on his This Moment cd. It was called "One Heartbeat At A Time." This is a song for every mother out there! The words to the verses are great and the chorus is such a sweet reminder to keep doing what we are doing. :) It encouraged me this morning, so I thought I'd share the lyrics with you and let you know you need to download this song to your ipods. :)

You're up all night with a screaming baby
You run all day at the speed of life
And every day you feel a little bit less
Like the beautiful woman you are
So you fall into bed when you run out of hours
And you wonder if anything worth doing got done
Oh, maybe you just don't know
Or maybe you've forgotten

You, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh, you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time

With every, "I know you can do it"
And every tear that you kiss away
So many little things that seem to go unnoticed
They're just like drops of rain
Over time they become a river

7 comments:

Amy said...

What a great song! I have never heard it - thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I finally made it back to your blog! I've never heard this song, but the lyrics are incredible. Love reading your posts. Keeps me in tune with your heart - even if we don't get to see each other on a Sunday morning!

Julie & Patrick said...

Great lyrics...how many times have I wondered, when falling into bed, if anything important ever got done? :)

what perspective

Julie R

Pam said...

I have heard this song and bawled my eyes out. Love it! Thanks for sharing it here!

Kristi W. said...

I'm going to have to check it out! Is the whole album worth buying?

Fenwick 5 said...

Sounds like a mom song.I think we as moms try to be super moms everyday,but when it all comes down to it,the hugs,smiles,laughter and memories is all that matters most.I seen all of this in my sister's life before her and her son left this world,she didn't know that her time was near,but the lord reached in and all that mattered to her in her last days was god, simply loving and being with her family.I would like to hear the song but I really don't know if I can handle it at this time. Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

Peter probably has this CD -- I'll have to dig through 'em and share it with our church's moms group. There will not be a dry eye in the room, I'm sure, if my reaction is any indicator! Thanks,
Nancy