Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mother Teresa

September marks the 100 year anniversary of the birth of Mother Teresa. Time magazine has put out a special issue dedicated to her life. It is a great read and well worth the money. The fact that she spent her life serving in Calcutta, the city of Micah's birth, makes her all the more fascinating to me.

I read in the first couple of pages that she began her ministry in Calcutta at the age of 38. That is my age! Wow. I had to step back and look at my life. Am I living a life devoted to Christ? What would it look like in my family if I were totally devoted to serving and pleasing God as she was? We are not all called to live the life she lived, but we would all do well to live by a wonderful quote of hers...
"God doesn't ask us to do great things. He asks us to do small things with great love."

2 comments:

jasonliberty said...

I love this post. It really does get me thinking, to be 38 and be such an awesome servant. I'm in awe!!


Liberty

Peter and Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing this -- I want to make sure to get a copy. She is one of my personal heros, and I love that she is such an important part of Anya Rashi's birth city.

Nancy