Friday, July 9, 2010

Lovely Language

Life flies by so quickly. If anything, my cancer diagnosis has made me more aware of needing to take time to document and cherish each moment that I can. I hope to someday make this blog into a book for Micah. Maybe he'll have as much fun reading it as I am having writing it.

I love watching each of my kids as they are growing up, but we are all especially aware of Micah right now and he cracks us up. It has been so hilarious watching him grow and learn and even listening to him speak. He imitates everything we say. So, for the purpose of documenting some of his "lovely language" I will share some of my favorites right now.
  • Maybe because he hears everyone else, but for some reason, Micah has started dropping "mommy" and "daddy" part of the time and he is calling us "David" and "Candice!"
  • Sometimes we call our second daughter "Emma" and sometimes we call her "Emma Kate." Micah has picked up on that and he calls her "Emma Cake!"
  • Micah has started counting to 10, but most times it is just...one, two, flee!
  • We are anxiously anticipating the arrival of the new Veggie Tale movie "Sweet Pea Beauty," a veggie version of "Sleeping Beauty." Micah loves Veggie Tales right now, but this new title is a mouthful for him. The best we can get is "Sleepy Booty!"
Thank you, Jesus, for the joy of watching this little boy grow up!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Can you hear me giggling? I love this post. Sleepy Booty is my favorite! LOL! My Micah will occasionally call us by our first names as well. Just last week he shouted to my mom as she left 'BYE LORI!' Nice. LOL. These boys are something aren't they? What precious memories!

Peter and Nancy said...

I love the Micah-isms! We try to write things down, too -- because I know how quickly I forget everything. "Emma Cake" is just too cute! And I love the sleeping photo . . . what a doll.

Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Isn't it hilarious what they come up with? You add their sweet child-like voices and these little one's can keep you in stitches for sure. Love the sweet dreams photo. He is so cute! He is really figuring it all out so quickly.

Julie

Yarleen said...

I dont have kids yet, but reading your blog makes me really excited for them. Beautiful children :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! My husband and I are currently in Vellore India where we are doing some missions work. We have found a little boy that has really stolen our hearts and he is currently in an orphanage in Dharmapuri. We will be leaving to head back to Dharmapuri in a couple of days and start the process of adoption. I would love to hear from someone who has actually walked through this. My email is lamcgowan@hotmail.com. Please let me know what to expect.