Friday, August 21, 2009

Tears and Laughter!

Well, very early yesterday was Micah's circumcision. It was not an easy day for either of us. Everything went perfectly though and this morning he is up and moving around like nothing happened...except for a few tears when I change his diaper. I am reminded again of what an amazing Creator I serve. It is amazing how quickly the body begins to heal itself and how resilient children are.

In the midst of the yuckiness of getting ready to go to the hospital, the Lord gave me a little blessing and a smile. When the hospital called the night before to pre-register us, the registrar began asking me questions about our family history, etc. She asked me if anyone in the family had ever had a reaction to anesthesia. I then went into a long story about our son Nathan and his trips to the hospital and his reactions, etc. She took it all down, finished registering me and then we hung up. It was not until 2 hours later, as I was sitting by Micah's bed as he fell asleep, that it dawned on me that my whole conversation with the registrar had been totally irrelevant! My family's medical history has nothing to do with Micah's! I smiled and laughed and thanked the Lord for showing me how quickly Micah has become family. I love that I don't even think about him as being adopted! He is just one of my many kids! :)

I love how in the exhaustion and busyness of our lives the Lord gives us those sweet little moments of a smile or laughter if we take time to notice. I got one this morning. I think it's hilarious how quickly younger children learn things when they have older siblings to watch and imitate. I guess Micah will pretty much be able to raise himself with 3 older siblings who dote on his every whim. This morning he picked up a candle in a little stone crock and banged it down on the table. I looked at him and said, "No, Micah," and then took the candle away. He just looked at me for a second and then reached his little hand back and spanked his own bottom. I just had to laugh. I guess his raising is all taken care of. :)

7 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad to hear the procedure went well. We are going to do the same in a few more months. I love how God does such a work in your hearts - you sometimes forget that these babies have not been here forever!

Fenwick 5 said...

So glad that all went well,isn't is amazing that the only ingredient there is for family is LOVE,only one!! It does not take this and that,just simply LOVE! So happy for your complete family! I cracked up when I read that Micah gave himself a little of his own discipline!! Too cute,Take care and have a wonderful weekend!! Gidget :) Thanks for the encouraging words,I needed those:)

Julie & Patrick said...

Funny how it never dawned on you that your family history with Micah just began! This is something I could definitely see myself doing too. Glad that all went well and it is all over. Giving one's own spanking is hilarious!

Julie R

The Labontes said...

Glad things went well. I love those moments where I completely forget that Max Rup is anything but completely my child.

I just love Micah's grin, BTW :)
Kristy
(waiting for Mason Probal)

Sara said...

So glad it went well - we've got that coming up in a few months hopefully.
Love that Micah is fitting right in where he belongs. :)

Pam said...

Candice, I love the "spanked his own bottom" thing. :) Too cute. Glad his surgery went well too. What a doll!

Peter and Nancy said...

Whew! I'm glad that's over (for both of you!). My husband had to do the honors and be with our sons during their surgery. In my post-birth hormonal state, I probably would've called it off and assaulted the doctor in some way. :o)
-- Nancy