Sunday, November 2, 2008

Holiday Season!


I love Fall! This is my favorite time of year. I just love the feeling in the air as the holiday season approaches! It all seems to start with Halloween. Although we do not "celebrate" Halloween or dress up as scary characters, I do let my kids dress up and walk around our neighborhood to get candy. This year I had a little farm girl, a cheerleader, and a clown (with no face make-up because of his allergies). :( My little niece was Dorothy. We had all the family over...my sister and her family, aunts and uncles, grandparents and a great-grandma. We all ate chili and soup to our hearts content and watched the kiddos pass out candy. We had so much fun together. I can't believe that next year, I will have another little one in the mix. :)

In India, they just celebrated a holiday called "Diwali." It is called the Festival of Lights and for 5 days they celebrate the victory of good over evil. They enjoy fireworks, eat all kinds of special foods, light candles all over their houses, and share gifts with each other. I think this would be a great holiday to somehow incorporate into the way we celebrate Halloween here. Maybe next year for our family gathering, I can include some Diwali treats in with our chili supper! :)

6 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Cute pictures.Diwali sounds good.Good over evil.That is what the bible says, to overcome evil with good!Sounds like they go together.We don't celebrate halloween either.We go to a event at church and paint pumkins.Next year I hope we have our daughter in the mix.Well better get ready for church,have a great day!gidget

ColleenC said...

Cuties! I love fall too- something about the crisp air (although it stays pretty warm here usually) and the colorful leaves and the impending holidays! Can you believe that by next Halloween (and even sooner!) you'll have FOUR!!!

Peter and Nancy said...

Very cute costumes! We do a little house-to-house fun on our block, then head to our church's Fall Festival. Isn't it fun to think ahead to future occasions and imagine your new baby as part of the fun?
-- Nancy

Amy said...

Cute Cute Kiddos!! I love this time of the year!

Julie & Patrick said...

All the kids look so cute! It is so fun to dress up!!

Julie R

Unknown said...

Oh how sweet! Loved the pic on the front porch! =-) Praying for your ENTIRE family! =-)

~ Anna