Saturday, September 6, 2008

My new niece!

I have a new niece! Her name is Camryn Isabella and she surprised us this week by coming early! I got to be there for her delivery and was again amazed at the miracle of life! Such an awesome thing, and mom and baby are doing well.

I'm not sure, but I am thinking that our little boy in India is either getting ready to be born, or has been already. Either way, it makes my heart ache to think that he is already formed in the image of God, and God is preparing for him to join us soon.

Watching my sister with my niece also made me think of my son's birth mom. I sometimes wonder what she is doing right now. What has she gone through to get her to this point? What is she feeling as she is placing her little boy up for adoption? No matter what the circumstances, it has to break a mother's heart.

I am so excited to have my niece finally here with us so that we can hold her and kiss her little cheeks. :) I can't wait till I can hold my new son and kiss his precious cheeks too!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on your niece! I can't wait to see you hold your son either! m

Peter and Nancy said...

I think about Anya Rashi's birth parents often. I wonder what they look like, and what their circumstances were and are, and if she has bio siblings out there somewhere . . . I really hope she wants to research and find them someday, because I want to. :o) I'll let her take the lead there, however.

I heard an account of an adoptive mom (on Focus on the Family) who looked back in her journal at the day her child was born. She had an unusually emotional day that day, and had been consumed with thoughts of her child -- almost as though some part of her knew that was the day her child was being born. (I didn't have that!)

Hugs to you as you wonder . . .
Nancy

Fenwick 5 said...

Your neice is precious.We also just had a baby boy born into my husbands family Friday Sept. 5. I just had surgery on Tuesday.Sept 2,I wonder if "Maiya"could have been born on this day.I say this because my husband said the other night that I have had a surgery for every child we have had,and he said this surgery is for "Maiya",he was being funny.But hey you never know. It sure felt like back labor in the child birth process.You could be right about your son,isn't that just wonderful? gidget

Pam said...

Congrats on your new niece! Isn't it amazing the feelings that can overwhelm while you are waiting for the precious child to join your family...the child you have never even laid eyes on? Hugs to you friend as you dream of that precious baby boy!