Friday, February 18, 2011

"Gotcha Day #2"

It's hard for me to believe that tomorrow, February 19th, is "Gotcha Day #2!" Or, our 2nd "Forever Family Day," as we like to call it! It just seems like yesterday that we were in India picking Micah up.

Last year I was very sick for Micah's Gotcha Day. I had just started chemo and could not do anything. My husband and my mother saved the day by cooking an Indian meal and decorating, and then, with David's parents in attendance, we celebrated Micah's entrance into our family.

This year, my oldest daughter is going to be gone to a church youth retreat, so we have done small things to celebrate all weekend. Last night, I cooked Chicken Curry and Brown Rice and we all gathered in the boys room at bedtime to say a special prayer of thanks to God for how he fashioned our family and brought us all together. This morning it has just been Micah and me. We have watched Micah's homecoming video together, danced to music while we emptied the dishwasher, we have eaten leftover Chicken Curry, I have watched him blow bubbles with his gum (his new favorite trick) and I have listened to him play songs on his guitar! It has been a great morning!

Happy 2nd "Forever Family Day" Micah, and welcome to the family...again! I would not trade you for the world!


4 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day!! What a difference a year makes . . . I'm so glad you feel better this time around, and can actually enjoy the anniversary a little more. I love the shirt Micah is wearing -- he's looking really hip! Congratulations!
Nancy

Fenwick 5 said...

What a handsome young boy you have and what a blessing he is to you all. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! So glad that you were able to enjoy this year and not be sick!! Another PRAISE!! Take Care Gidget:)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Happy 2nd Forever Family Day, Candice. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better for this year's celebration. God is SO good! I can't believe how grown up Micah looks. He is so handsome!

I was wondering if your Forever Family Day is the day you picked Micah up from the orphanage or the day you arrived home. Just curious...I have heard of both.

April :-)

The Labontes said...

Pretty amazing week for your family!! It's amazing that God creates these perfect families for us. Happy forever family day!!
Kristy