Thursday, February 4, 2010

Old Friends, New Faces!






Today was so much fun for me! I got to meet Pam, one of the Dillon moms who I feel like I have known forever! We have never met face to face, but we have e-mailed, facebooked, and talked on the phone. Pam was traveling to see some family and was in my area! Yeah for me! Pam was a great help to me while we were in process, and I even called her when we decided to name our son "Micah." She adopted her son "Micah" from the same orphanage 3 years ago! We were so excited to meet each other and especially to meet each other's Micah's! I had so much fun. We ate some lunch together and let the boys play while we chatted away. I thank God so much for her and her friendship. It's funny how much someone you've never met can mean to you. I guess it's all part of the bond that comes from adoption. Besides getting a child, you can potentially develop life-long friendships with people you otherwise would never have met! And, who knows, maybe our two little Micah's will be able to keep in touch as they grow older and become good friends forever!

10 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

What a great surprise to see both Micahs on the same blog post! I thought for a second I clicked on the other person's blog. :o) We got to meet a few other families 6 months after Anya Rashi came home, and it was such a treat to see everyone face to face.
Nancy

Kristi W. said...

Oh, I'm so jealous!!!! I would love to meet both of you in person someday. :) I'm glad you two had so much fun and what a treat to see pics of both Micah's on the blog.

Fenwick 5 said...

So neat that you both got to meet one another with the kiddos,how awesome. Adoption brings many blessings and having new life long friends is definate one of them!:) Gidget

Amy said...

Oh how awesome! I am jealous too! We need a big reunion soon!

theheartofachild said...

That is so fun! Fun to see the Micah's together! I did a double take when I opened up this post:-) Thanks for sharing!
Jenny

The Labontes said...

I agree with Amy - we need a big gathering! So neat to see you guys together! It does amaze me - how close I feel to people I have never met in person. You all look great :)

Julie & Patrick said...

I thought I recognized those faces...but was confused for a moment seeing them in the same photo! Count me in as a jealous one! How cool to meet in person after living amongst each other through email. Very fun for you and a nice surprise for all of us!!

Julie R

Sara said...

Jealous! What a fun treat to see the two Micah's together!!

Pam said...

Candice~you beat me! :) Yesterday was an amazing day, and the highlight of our trip. I enjoyed our time together so much, I wish we could have stayed the entire day! Thank you for penciling us in, and we have to do it again. Micah is still talking about "little Micah" & his brother Nathan. :) He needed a little boy bonding. When we got to Marietta, all he has was girls to mommy him a bit. Thank goodness for a jolt of testostorone to get him through. LOL! XO'S!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.