Thursday, November 19, 2009

Goodbye Autumn!








The weather is gorgeous, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner! I'm getting out the Pumpkin Bread recipes and buying my ornaments for the kids teachers at school. Although Winter is not officially here until December 21st, with all the Christmas lights being put up in our neighborhood, and all the trees losing their beautiful leaves, it feels like it's time to bid goodbye to Autumn...my favorite time of year.

Micah continues to take everything in stride and bewitches everyone he is around with that charming little smile.

I have way too many pictures to post them all here, but here are a couple of my favorite memories from this fall season. First is our trip out of town together. The mountains, the sites, the motel...it's always quite an adventure! Next is our annual hayhide and pumpkin picking mission up on the mountain! Micah seemed a bit nervous on the wagon ride, but was quiet and took it all in. Then, have I mentioned that Micah has a sweet tooth? I love this pic of him eating his powdered donut on the soccer field during sissy's game. And, last but not least, Micah dressed up like a lion on Halloween! His little "roar" was adorable! Autumn is great for making some awesome memories!

3 comments:

Julie & Patrick said...

I love the bare feet in the costume! He is such a darling boy! And yes, it seemed Autumn barely had a chance to arrive before winter began to hit!

Julie R

Fenwick 5 said...

Sweet pictures!! Have a great Thanksgiving to you all,Gidget:)

Peter and Nancy said...

I'm sad to see autumn go away . . . and some of our neighbors already have their Christmas decorations up! Thanks for sharing the fall photos of all your lovely children.
Nancy