Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Official...Adoption Final!




It's official...the adoption is final! Almost 2 years to the day of our filing our initial application with Dillon! Today Utsab became Micah David Utsav Sneed! We arrived at the courthouse early this morning, letting the girls miss a day of school! Everything went very smoothly and our adoption attorney and our judge were wonderful. Our families had the courtroom all to ourselves and our attorney let the kids sit at the witness desks. The judge made sure to include them in his discussion with us and they were very proud! It was quick and painless (aside from the TWO parking tickets our wonderful city put on my van during the adoption proceeding...one for my meter running out 5 minutes prior and one for parking backwards...are you kidding me?) My sweet husband said let's just chalk it up to an "adoption expense" and go celebrate! So, we did. We went to Cracker Barrel and had a wonderful celebration breakfast with my sister and her girls, my parents, and David's dad. It feels so good to have Micah "officially" ours. Now all we have left is to apply for his social and his US citizenship!

The last picture is from Micah's dedication at church on Sunday. My parents and David's parents were both able to be there and our dad's said a prayer of blessing at the end. We had Micah in his little Indian outfit and he was adorable! I had gotten outfits for the other kids as well and they were so proud to wear them and show them off. I'll have to post a closer up picture soon. In the meantime, we are quietly celebrating what has already been in our hearts for a long time!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Candice!
What a wonderful day to celebrate!

Traci said...

Congratulations to the whole family! And I'm so glad to see Micah has 4 names b/c so will Selah! We're in great company. Thank you so much for sharing your adoption story!

Sara said...

Congratulations! So glad it was a joyous, easy step for y'all. Micah looks so happy!

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Wonderful!!! Congrats Sneed Family!!! Thank you for sharing your journey from start to finish.

Fenwick 5 said...

YAY for the great news. The pictures are so good. Thank for your encouraging words...Gidget:)

Peter and Nancy said...

Congratulations on these special days for your whole family! It's strange to feel like this is a "final" step, but at the same time, it's just the beginning of your lives together . . .
-- Nancy

Pam said...

Congrats Candice! I was surprised at how emotional I was during our finalization. I figured it would be "one more step to check off". I was so emotional! I'm so happy that Micah is finally forever yours. :)
Love the dedication picture too. My Micah and I also wore Indian outfits for his dedication, and we had an adoption celebration party complete with Indian food afterwards. :)

Julie & Patrick said...

Now, you can breathe that sigh of completion! Hooray!! What a fun day and it was so great the the other children were included too. Super photos!!

Julie R

ColleenC said...

Love the family shot! Congrats!!!!!

chone42 said...

yay! we love you micah! so glad it's official! can't wait to see you guys again.
xoxo
chone

Greg said...

Yeah, Sneeds!!!
I absolutely loooove the pic of the kids at the witness table. They are so cute. And Indian celebrations will be great. Russian Christmas is the highlight of the Howard year.

Amy said...

Congrats Candice! I love the pics!