Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Adoption Fever

It may sound crazy to some that after adopting 1 child, I am ready to adopt another. I guess you could say I have Adoption Fever! Once you have seen where your child could have been, and you have fallen in love with your child, and you see how close you could have come to missing the incredible, life-changing gift from God that adoption brings to your family, it is hard to not want to do it again with another child.

People say that I am crazy...my husband included. :) I realize that I already have 4 children and I am currently going through treatments for breast cancer, but I just can't help myself. I realize the timing is not for right now, but I am holding out hope for the future. I realize that my children will not have everything other children have and they will not get to go everywhere and experience everything that other kids do, but somehow that is not important to me. My heart is elsewhere and I hope that my treasure, while meager here on earth, will be much greater in Heaven someday. If I follow God's heart, I am not worried about His ability to provide!

So, that being said, right now God is whispering to my heart that He can help us to care for another child. I don't know what that might look like, or what the future holds for us, but I am waiting with anticipation to see what the Lord will do!

10 comments:

JenDockery said...

I don't think you are crazy. I totally understand!! We are already thinking about the next one too.

The Labontes said...

I don't think it's crazy at all. You put everything so well, and I love that you got those inevitable comments out there (what about the other kids, etc.).

My big motivation for paying off our debt right now is to be able to pursue one more adoption :) Dan thinks I'm nuts, but he's a softie :)

Can't wait to hear that the next journey is underway :)
Kristy

Julie & Patrick said...

Precisely how and why I've found myself in the place that I am in! Adopting a second child, although we are too old to do so from the country we were drawn to. Albeit, the judge has not yet said yes yet, but we've gotten this far listening to the whisper that found my heart.

You GO Girl!
Julie

Fenwick 5 said...

Candice,I understand and think that it is so great that God is preparing your heart for another round of paperwork and waiting...but it is worth it all and priceless,I look at Maiya and those thoughts race all the time,and then I feel so blessed.
Take Care,Gidget:)

Peter and Nancy said...

Someone just asked me today if we would be done after Baby #4 comes home . . . and to my surprise, I found myself saying "I don't know . . ."

I do think we're done with young ones (we're too old to start another Indian adoption), but I don't know what the future holds. It's so great to hear your passion for orphans -- I'm sure that will lead you to more unexpected places in the future!
Nancy

Traci said...

Ah, Candice . . . I love it when someone else writes so well what I'm thinking. I'm excited to see how all our families turn out. Love your blog! - Traci G.

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Candice-
I know where your heart is!! The toughest part is waiting for the signs. All you can do is to continue praying for answers and with time the Lord will give you a clear sign.

We need to chat sometime now that the kiddos are back in school and I'm not running all over like a chicken with my head cut off. :)

Sara said...

Just like Traci said...you are reading my mind!! It's such an unbelievable experience, unlike anything else, I am itching to go through it all again. The timing is not right for us yet either, but living vicariously through others seems to help!

Coffman said...

Hello Candice! Must be contagious...I have "the fever" too!

Pam said...

And here I was just bawling my eyes out over Mary Beth Chapman's book last night as she described holding Shaoey for the first time. *sigh* Looking at my ever rounding tummy...and our finances...and and and...the doubts are there. My heart bleeds for it though.